PDA

View Full Version : php/mysql hosting

Kyle
06-22-2006, 12:03 PM
So I've been developing in ASP and Windows hosting for years now. Originally I started with Unix hosting due to it being the standard when working with Perl in the 90's.

I'm creating my first community with vbulletin to accompany some already developed websites. I need a recommendation for some excellent PHP/Mysql hosting that offers simple administration with cpanel or something like it (cpanel is the only thing that i've heard of. i have no idea if cpanel is the standard or not). I'm assuming the ability to manage your mysql database and import/export (backup) is common now through a web back-end?

Price doesn't matter, and will only take recommendations from people I know and recognize on these forums.

Thanks for any advice provided.

Westech
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
If you're looking for top quality hosting and support, go with www.nexcess.net . They're the only host I trust any of my sites to anymore. They offer a full range of services from simple shared hosting up through fully managed multi-server clusters.

John
06-22-2006, 12:50 PM
I've been using www.site5.com for a while now and they have been hands down the best webhost I have used yet.

deronsizemore
06-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I use www.resellerzoom.com right now for my hosting account. You don't have to go with reseller though. www.hostingzoom.com is their main site.

Thus far no problems and any questions I've had have gotten very quick responses from the tech support.

Kyle
06-22-2006, 12:56 PM
Quick responses.. Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate it.

KLB
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
I've been using Pair Networks (http://pair.com) for around six years now and am very happy with them I even run on vBulletin powered site on my account. They are very reliable and have good tech support.

nytrokiss
06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
try www.awardspace.com they seem to work for me!

zymhosting
06-23-2006, 09:35 AM
So I've been developing in ASP and Windows hosting for years now. Originally I started with Unix hosting due to it being the standard when working with Perl in the 90's.

I'm creating my first community with vbulletin to accompany some already developed websites. I need a recommendation for some excellent PHP/Mysql hosting that offers simple administration with cpanel or something like it (cpanel is the only thing that i've heard of. i have no idea if cpanel is the standard or not). I'm assuming the ability to manage your mysql database and import/export (backup) is common now through a web back-end?

Price doesn't matter, and will only take recommendations from people I know and recognize on these forums.

Thanks for any advice provided.

Please look zymhosting.com. I hope that you will like the host management system there. Thank you.

Emancipator
06-23-2006, 09:50 AM
i was the guy that sent john to nexcess.net and have to second what he says. You can not do better, and I have been with many. Great company.