PDA

View Full Version : Ad Networks like Azoogle, etc...

deronsizemore
06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
What kind of a site and how many impressions do you normally need to be accepted to these types of networks? I assume it's not something you can just get accepted into the first day you launch your new site?

Cutter
06-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Pretty much no requirements -- although this could vary by program. Some won't even require you to have a website because many of their affiliates are promoting via PPC.

deronsizemore
06-22-2006, 04:27 AM
Maybe I'm lost (probably), but if you don't have a website, how will you take advantage of their affiliates via PPC? Isn't that where you get paid per someone clicking the ads on your site?

Cutter
06-22-2006, 09:35 AM
It means you are buying PPC ads through Google, Yahoo, etc, and then send the clicks to your affiliate link. A few months ago I was doing several hundred dollars a day with ringtone offers, however since then the conversion rates have dropped so much that I'd lose money if I was stilling promoting them.

deronsizemore
06-22-2006, 10:41 AM
It means you are buying PPC ads through Google, Yahoo, etc, and then send the clicks to your affiliate link.

Man, I need to read up on all the advertising stuff. What you just said went way over my head. lol

Cutter
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Seriously, focus on the publishing end for now. There is a strong upward pressure in the PPC industry because new advertisers are constantly coming in. With Adsense I get to ask myself "how much did I make today?", with PPC marketing I have to ask "how much did I make or lose today?" Because profits are constantly moving downward you have to be actively searching for new offers to promote. It can easily come close to a full time job.

I'm not saying that pubishing is any easier, just that "ad cost inflation" means you make more money, not less. Right now the trend is moving strongly toward higher ad costs because. Every year the total amount of money is going up by billions of dollars and this trend will probably continue for the next 3 to 4 years.

A lot of affiliate marketers who have been making on PPC now want to get free search engine traffic through SEO.

I just like trying out new stuff and seeing what I can make money from, thats why I just wrote an ebook. Long term, you definately want to be the person who owns web sites that people want to visit.

deronsizemore
06-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Well after a quick wikipedia search I understand PPC now. I'm an idiot. I was under the impression that PPC was more or less like Adsense and that everytime someone clicked one of the ads on your site, you got paid, hence: Pay Per Click.

Thanks for the advise, you're probably right!
:)

Cutter
06-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, your just on the other site as a buyer rather than seller.

deronsizemore
06-24-2006, 05:15 AM
I know it's not really advertising, but affiliate marketing? But what about Commission Junction? Do they have certain regulations for signing up? Like so many visitors, etc...?

Cutter
06-24-2006, 10:58 AM
you usually have to be approved by merchant. Which means you may have to build a different site by niche.