PDA

View Full Version : Rss Newbie

izwar
06-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Alright guys ive never really understood the whole RSS news thing,

but i found a site niche that i really want to get into and its not a full content / news site but i want the homepage to feature all the most recent articles on web, there are many many news sites on the web in my niche that have articles daily and most of them are using RSS and pointing to a few big sites that pump out the articles.

My question is how on my homepage would i make it so i have like 10 article taglines that are constantly updated from diff sites that just link to the articles. So how do i get just the tag lines to update themselves with the xml. Thank you, i dont even know if i explained what i want right lol.

KelliShaver
06-20-2006, 08:41 AM
First of all, a lot of the major news services, like MSN, etc. don't allow you to re-publish their news content. They provide the RSS feeds so you can use them in your feed reader for your own convenience. So you need to be sure that you're not violating anyone's TOS.

Second, www.simplepie.org

izwar
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
alrite thanks how do i use that program, i dont really get what it does or how to use it

i used their demo and put in the xml link for the sites i need and what is says is basicly this

"Blanks Recent News"
then wen u click that takes you to their recent news articles, but what i want is to list the actual articles so it takes u directly to that article how do i do this.

Skeewe
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
You may use RSS news feeds and filter them only for words that match you content, Yahoo ofFer this option.