PDA

View Full Version : Who is

izwar
06-19-2006, 08:52 PM
are there any sites like whois.net but that you can search for a person and see all the domains they have registered?

Cutter
06-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I was looking for the same thing months ago. In a short answer, no. Alexa had a reverse tool that just listed 5 other sites, but thats all I have ever seen.

Masetek
06-20-2006, 12:31 AM
I think Alexa's tool is pretty inaccurate. I looked up one of my domains once and it said I owned 2 other sites that i didn't. Other ppl have reported the same.

Slightly on the same topic, does anyone else see whois.sc pop up in your referrals on brand new domains/sites youre developing. I've always wondered why someone would be whoising me for an unknown domain

Chris
06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Yes I see that Damien.

moonshield
06-20-2006, 07:13 AM
domaintools.com has a tool that shows all of the domains on a single IP and another that keeps track of changes on name servers.

ozgression
06-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Slightly on the same topic, does anyone else see whois.sc pop up in your referrals on brand new domains/sites youre developing. I've always wondered why someone would be whoising me for an unknown domain

Yes, all the time. I wonder if it is people snooping (ie. looking for ideas to steal) or search engine employees looking for other sites owned by a particular person/company to penalize? :)

moonshield
06-20-2006, 10:33 PM
probably people snooping.