PDA

View Full Version : My Blogging eBook is done!

Cutter
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
My blogging book is finally done! I just finished it up before going to bed early this morning.

The idea started back in November 2005. I wrote a big chunk of it and then shelved the book until a month or two ago. So, I went back and added a bunch more based off of the stuff I have learned since then.

This was really an interesting experience.. but I'm even more interested in how the selling process is going to go. I've sold my own products and mini-ebooks online before, but this is the first big non site publishing project.

For a while I was considering killing it off. I am sure that associating myself with an ebook will hurt my blogging "cred" a little bit, but so what. I am a lot more interested in learning how to promote products online. Being on the production end allows me to test variables that can not be changed when promoting affiliate products solely through PPC or organic SEM.

So far the feedback has been good. One of the guys here who I gave a pre-release copy to has had success building backlinks using my suggestions given in the book.

By the way, I will give any member who registered here before May 2006 and wants to get a deal on this ebook, PM me.

Masetek
06-20-2006, 12:35 AM
I am sure that associating myself with an ebook will hurt my blogging "cred" a little bit, but so what.

I should only hurt your cred if it's a crappy eBook :)

I'll be interested to hear how this goes as I have plans for a few eBooks myself.

MarkB
06-20-2006, 03:03 AM
I'd be interested in seeing what you have to say ;)

Michael
06-20-2006, 03:11 AM
Providing a few sample chapters on the site is also a very good idea! I know that's what influenced my decision to purchase a few of sitepoints books.