PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of auctionyourdomain.name

KLB
06-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I stumbled upon the website http://auctionyourdomain.name/ in an AdSense ad and was wondering if anybody has ever heard of them.

I have several really good domain names that I have been thinking of developing, but might be interested in selling them if the price was right. If people are courious the group of domain names are:

UsedCarExperience.com
UsedCarExperience.net
UsedCarExperience.info
UsedCarExperience.biz
UsedCarExperience.us
UsedCarExperiences.com
UsedCarExperiences.net
UsedCarExperiences.info
UsedCarExperiences.biz
UsedCarExperiences.us

It's a great block of domain names, I just don't know that I could make the most out of these domains with my own content sites. If I'm trying to work with some people to create content for them but I'm not making headway. :brickwall

Chris
06-14-2006, 10:33 AM
No, I haven't heard of them, and with existing big players in the domain reselling field I can't imagine they being very competitive.

Westech
06-14-2006, 10:52 AM
I used to be fairly active in domain name trading, and I've never heard of them either.

I've always had the best luck both buying and selling on www.dnforum.com and www.domainstate.com . If you're just interested in accepting offers while you're sitting on them waiting to develop then parking them at www.sedo.com might be a good bet.

KLB
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I'll give sedo.com a try and see what happens. I'll keep everyone else posted.

Kyle
06-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I recommend Sedo if you just want to sit on a name and receive offers from random interested parties (over time).

If you have a great name, that is either unique or some extreme niche where a set value is hard to define, Sedo is best. I know of many times where associates and myself got huge amounts of money for domains you wouldn't think deserve that much.

It's always best to have the potential buyer contact you first with interest.

deronsizemore
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I stumbled upon the website http://auctionyourdomain.name/ in an AdSense ad and was wondering if anybody has ever heard of them.

I have several really good domain names that I have been thinking of developing, but might be interested in selling them if the price was right. If people are courious the group of domain names are:

UsedCarExpierence.com
UsedCarExpierence.info
UsedCarExpierence.net
UsedCarExpierence.biz
UsedCarExpierence.us
UsedCarExpierences.com
UsedCarExpierences.info
UsedCarExpierences.net
UsedCarExpierences.biz
UsedCarExpierences.us

It's a great block of domain names, I just don't know that I could make the most out of these domains with my own content sites. If I'm trying to work with some people to create content for them but I'm not making headway. :brickwall

Never heard of them either. Afternic.com and GreatDomains.com are two that I know of.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes those domain names "really good"? I'm kinda new to the whole buying and selling of domains, and I've seen some domains that I thought were crap sell for thousands, and others that I thought were very nice, go for nothing more than a reg fee. What makes those special?

KLB
06-14-2006, 02:42 PM
In this case UsedCarExpierence.com is very descriptive, has good keywords and would be easy to promote on television, radio, etc. The domain is also reasonably short. The domains as a group are valuable because they help create a buffer against cybersquating for the main domain.

One of the biggest mistakes I have made was not snapping up a common misspelling for my domain EnvironmentalChemistry.com when I registered that domain. As a result I have a cybersquater who capitalizes off of users who mistype my domain name.

deronsizemore
06-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I got ya.

I also didn't even notice that "experience" was misspelled. :-)

Kyle
06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
I didn't notice they were misspelled either...

Do you have the proper spellings KLB?

KLB
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes I have the proper spellings, I just mistyped them here. I have corrected the spellings in my earlier post.

Kyle
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I think its a great bunch of domains to have.
Treat it as an investment.

I wouldn't sweat holding onto the .us, .biz, or .info when you already have the com/net/org. It's your choice of course, but if you hold onto them for 3 years before you sell them, it just increases the cost to you.

KLB
06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
I think its a great bunch of domains to have.
Treat it as an investment.

I wouldn't sweat holding onto the .us, .biz, or .info when you already have the com/net/org. It's your choice of course, but if you hold onto them for 3 years before you sell them, it just increases the cost to you.

Well since sedo.com offers domain parking that shares in the ad revenues, I suspect I'll be able to recoup my annual registration fees so even if I do have to sit on them for a few years it won't cost me anything.

The only thing is I'm not positive how much I should be asking for for this group of domains. I know in the proper hands they could be turned into a very profitable website.

Kyle
06-14-2006, 08:14 PM
They receive type-in traffic?

KLB
06-15-2006, 05:47 AM
I have no idea if they get type in traffic, they've been parked since last year. My plan is to create a webpage on one of my sites as one of my coming projects but also offering to sell them if the price is right and then to link to them. I'll do the same from one of my forums. This will create some backlinks to them and get them a little PR over the next several months. If nothing else this will help them age a little so that my plans for them takes off faster once I get around to getting it completed.

KLB
06-15-2006, 09:24 AM
For those intersted in seeing what a Sedo parked domain looks like go to: http://usedcarexperiences.com/

If you take a look at the "buy this domain" link you will also notice that they give you the ability to customize the buy this domain page. This is really pretty slick. Once you get used to doing it, it only takes about five minutes to set up an individual domain and you can upload your domain list via an XLS file. So far I've reparked about fourty domains with them.

Blue Cat Buxton
06-15-2006, 09:50 AM
How does parking a domain effect its future search engine rankings? Is there a posibility of a future penalty? (That is assuming it gets indexed)

KLB
06-15-2006, 09:59 AM
That is a good question about parking. I don't know what kind of impact it will have, although I can't imagine it will have a tremendous impact as it is a very common tactic for new domains that have not yet had websites created for them. In my case these domains were all parked with GoDaddy while I tried to move forward with my plans, so what is the difference.

Any duplicate content penalty would go away once unique content is finally added to the domain. It could also provide the benefit of allowing a domain name to age some before being used which might help cast off some of the new domain "penalties" some sites expierence.

Also the ads are often times provided by Google through special arrangements that the parking service has with Google.

What's interesting about domain parking with Sedo is that I was able to choose key words for my domains (although they are supposedly verified by a real person).

deronsizemore
06-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah I've got all the domains I'm not currently developing on sedo. Maybe get lucky and someone give me 100k for one (lol).

I like sedo. I've been getting 45-60 uniques per month on a couple of my domains there, but no offers yet. Other than the couple that are getting 45-60, the others get like 3 a month.

Convergence
07-06-2006, 03:10 PM

UsedCarExperience.com
UsedCarExperience.net
UsedCarExperience.info
UsedCarExperience.biz
UsedCarExperience.us
UsedCarExperiences.com
UsedCarExperiences.net
UsedCarExperiences.info
UsedCarExperiences.biz
UsedCarExperiences.us

KLB,

Hello, my name is Denis and I am the president of Convergence Companies which owns AuctionYourDomain.Name (http://www.auctionyourdomain.name). AYD.Name (http://www.ayd.name/) has been recently launched to compete with the likes of Afternic and Sedo. AYD.Name (http://ayd.name) is part of a suite of websites created for domainers under our DNsyndicate (http://www.dnsyndicate.com/) brand.

I would personally like to invite you to list your names for sale on AuctionYourDomain.Name (http://auctionyourdomain.name/). Listing is free during our pre-launch period and will probably remain so. You pay only if your name sells from our site. That fee is currently 10% (minimum of $5.00) and includes our escrow service.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me personally.

Convergence Companies
a Specialized Internet Marketing Company

AppraiseYourDomain.Name ~ WhosDomain.Name
BackorderYourDomain.Name ~ RegYourDomain.Name
CopyrightYourDomain.Name ~ SecureYourDomain.Name
OptimizeYourDomain.Name ~ TransferYourDomain.Name

KLB
07-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm afraid, I already listed my domains over at Sedo. I'm not really looking to auction them off as much as simply make them available and then wait for the right offer to come along. I think I will get more money if I wait then if I try to auction them.

Kyle
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm afraid, I already listed my domains over at Sedo. I'm not really looking to auction them off as much as simply make them available and then wait for the right offer to come along. I think I will get more money if I wait then if I try to auction them.

Good choice.

Convergence
07-06-2006, 10:01 PM

KLB,

I understand your thinking and agree as well. However, you can never get too much exposure for the names you are trying to sell.

By listing your domains on AuctionYourDomain.Name (http://www.auctionyourdomain.name) you have a few more choices.

1) You can list your domains for sale with our without a minimum sales price, allowing you to accept or reject any bid at anytime.
2) When you receive a bid on a domain, you can choose to leave that bid in place and wait for higher bids. Your domains are not sold until YOU accept the offer.
3) You choose if you want to park your domain name and earn PPC. You do not have to change your name servers, forward your domain names, or park them to list them for sale. You only pay the 10% commission when WE sell your domain name on our site.

Best to you and good luck with your domain name portfolio.

Convergence Companies
a Specialized Internet Marketing Company

AppraiseYourDomain.Name ~ WhosDomain.Name
BackorderYourDomain.Name ~ RegYourDomain.Name
CopyrightYourDomain.Name ~ SecureYourDomain.Name
OptimizeYourDomain.Name ~ TransferYourDomain.Name

BP2000
07-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Sedo is great for parking domains, and making a little side cash :)