PDA

View Full Version : Promotion ideas

izwar
06-10-2006, 10:13 AM
im out of promotion ideas, any one have any tips other then myspace which isnt doing much right now, on how to get members to the site?

Emancipator
06-10-2006, 12:56 PM
start running promotions and contests with sites that get a ton of traffic and are in a similar but non competitive niche.

izwar
06-10-2006, 01:11 PM
what do you mean running contents WITH sites?

Emancipator
06-10-2006, 04:02 PM
on my site i run a contest every couple of days. I also run contests on other peoples sites.

etech-martin
06-15-2006, 12:31 AM
If you mention what exactly is your site about, it would be easier for us to suggest some useful site promotion ideas. In general, running contests on your site does help a lot in promotion.

eukhost
06-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Yes running contests are a great free way to advertise your site, get visitors to your site, to increase your overall site traffic.

izwar
06-15-2006, 09:00 AM
so for example offer a free ipod in a raffle or something like that? how does that bring more traffic i assume word of mouth, people telling other people about it?

Kyle
06-16-2006, 04:31 AM
Get brochures or cards made. Go crazy advertising your site at local clubs in your area. I would guess if you can grow it locally, it will have the capability of exploding globally.

Chris
06-16-2006, 07:44 AM
You could sponsor a night at some club.

John
06-16-2006, 12:02 PM
I actually know sombody that runs an online supplement store that sponsors a weekly "hard body/sexy leg" contest at a local nightclub. He takes care of the prizes and in return he gets to put up all kinds of promotional material and gets a few plugs from the DJ throughout the night. Its a pretty good deal if you ask me.

If I were you I would do several different things to promote the site.

First, theres nothing better then plain old posters and flyers. Plaster as many as you can everywhere you can, lamp poles, community bulletin boards, local colleges and universitys, local bars and nightclubs, ect., ect.

Second, Like Chris said, sponsor some night or contest at a club. Give away branded prizes like tshirts, hats, and all that crap. Sponsor or start a contest at a club; "Tonights wet tshirt contest is brought to you by hotclubber.com." There are so many different avenues you can go down with this idea.

Organize some Hotclubber.com pub crawls.

Organize some private parties and hold them at a local nightclub.

Talk to liquor companies and see if you can do some kind of copromotion event with them. (You may want to talk to them about doing some advertising on your site as well.)

Thats just a few things you can do locally to get your site bigger, there are literally hundreds more you could easily come up with.

izwar
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks for all the input much appreciated.

Giles
06-18-2006, 06:44 PM
You could offer free emails using the gmail domain hosting.

nytrokiss
06-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Or give somthing away free but can someone please post a site where we can post our contest's a site that gets loads of traffic!

Skeewe
07-10-2006, 08:31 AM
How about creating free sceensavers and backgrounds ? Any good for promotion ?

BP2000
07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
Some very good advice here izwar, you should be able to have a successful site in next to no time if you take some of the aforementioned ideas and implement them.

I'd also give link exchanges a shot, and also try promotion on a 'clubbing' forum.

All the best!

chillipadi
08-18-2006, 12:25 AM
Catchy sigs can help you get noticed. I came across one just a few days ago in another forum which generated a lot of curiosity and interest. It went something like "Intelligent discussion forums for people with their clothes on".

That started everyone teasing the sig owner and asking her about her site. They wanted to know how she could be sure that forum participants had their clothes on. Lots of posts on her sig followed. It was fun and different from the usual.

If need be, it might be a good idea to re-look our sigs and see how we can use them to generate traffic. Let's hear some good suggestions!

izwar
08-20-2006, 12:46 PM
i think im screwed with my site as clubplanet is launching a social networking system and their number 1 in world for nightlife