PDA

View Full Version : RSS News Question

izwar
06-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Im a lil confused on the whole news issue.I found this particular site that publishes news articles every week that i like and woudl like to use for my site, next to their articles is 2 buttons that say syndicate this site,xml and yahoo.

Does this mean i can use the xml page and put it in my site to match the style of my site for a weekly news section and use their article and jus put at the end Written by " website" or from "website"

would that be legal or what is the policy on that.

John
06-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I doubt that would be legal but I'd check the TOS, you never know. Kepp in mind if you do use the article feed you might get blasted by google for duplicate content.

KLB
06-09-2006, 06:22 AM
If the RSS feed is a brief description of articles with a link to the full article it is probably safe to use the RSS feed. If the RSS feed contains complete articles, you can bet you can not use the RSS feed on your website. Again read the TOS and send an email to the website's owner.

I personally encourage people to use my RSS feed on their websites, but it links to articles with only a brief description. To me my RSS feed is a marketing tool to help more people learn about my site and find my latest articles. At the same time I come down very hard on any website that republishes one of my articles in their entirety.

izwar
06-09-2006, 08:36 AM
gotcha im not gonna do it,, but i thought that was the whole point of RSS guess not.