PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Track of Your Sites

richardevanslee
05-31-2006, 04:02 PM
I was wondering how some of you who have lots (maybe too many?) sites keep track of when you last updated them.

Every now and then I realize I've let a site languish for, say, six months. No wonder traffic diminished.

I'm thinking about putting them all in an Excel file that I sort by date but suspect some of you may have worked out more useful schemes.

Thanks,
Richard

KelliShaver
05-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm just getting started, so I don't have many sites yet, but basically, I have a schedule for updating them. On Monday I do ____ on tuesday it's ____ on Wednesday it's marketing for ____ etc. I'm focusing on building a few good, small sites so I don't anticipate that the volume of sites I have will be very high very quickly.

Chris
05-31-2006, 08:26 PM
Some sites I haven't touched in years.... there just isn't much to do for them and time would be better spent on other sites.

Cutter
05-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Today I was looking through my hard drive today and found some files for a site I started working on a few months ago.

Ben
06-01-2006, 12:20 AM
I have also wanted to know this question, I have a forum and it takes a far bit of attention compared to content sites that don't require as much attention.

Kind of annoying, but oh well

Cutter
06-01-2006, 09:05 AM
Oh yeah, forum is daily work while some content sites you can leave for months. The best thing you can do is get an admin to help you out.