PDA

View Full Version : PDF Writer

jeremycurtis
05-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi,
I'm suprised I can't find a post already but a search for "pdf" returns nothing. I want to convert a word document to a pdf for free eBook giveaway to encourage people to sign up. I have tried numerous so called fully functional pdf writer trials and none seem to just work - in that the hyperlinks (to affilliate links) don't always work.

Anyone care to share their experience of an effective way to produce an ebook from a Word doc or other entirely different but equally effective ways of achieving the same results.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Print to the adobe distiller, will convert anything to pdf. I think it only comes with the paid acrobat though.

Emancipator
05-31-2006, 05:20 PM
use openoffice. Its free and has a 1 click pdf convertor for any office file.

KLB
05-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Although I have a full version of Acrobat Professional, I prefer to use CutePDF to print documents to a PDF file. It is free you just need to do a Google search to find it.

jeremycurtis
06-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi Ken,
I use CutePDF now but it does not preserve hyperlinks - or at least not for me. Does it for you?

I agree cutePDF is great - it;s simple & just works (except links)

KLB
06-01-2006, 04:02 PM
It shouldn't be preserving links because it is saving a "printed" version of the page. Remember it works as a printer driver which means it gets the same information a real printer would get and printers don't process dynamic information like hyperlinks.

Shyflower
06-12-2006, 04:46 PM
If you want hyperlinks in your pdf, you will need Adobe Acrobat Standard. You can create documents from word files as well as from the web and html files. It's actually quite an excellent program.

fatnewt
06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
I use FlashPaper to create PDFs... it came with Macromedia Studio 8. Not a bad alternative to Acrobat/PDF Writer, although it's still Adobe-owned now.

You can also create FlashPaper documents, which are like PDFs only powered by Flash. They're a nice alternative in some cases.

Not a cheap option though.