PDA

View Full Version : Finally Launched

izwar
05-30-2006, 09:34 AM
hey guys well after months of geting screwed over and pushing through adversity i finally managed to pump the site out, still has a few problems here and there but its ready, i launched and im getting about 17 members per day already and its goin pretty good ppl are liking it. Check it out guys i dont have adsense on or anythign as i got banned but hopefully ill get yahoo up there soon.

http://www.hotclubber.com

let me know what you guys think, thanks

Cutter
05-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Very nice, at 17 members a day you are definately on the right track to success. I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but check out Adbrite.com for ads, and don't click on them yourself; unlike Adsense, Adbrite sends domain data to the advertisers who choose to track it.

Giles
05-31-2006, 01:13 AM
It's nice and professional looking and seems pretty functional. 17 members a day is great, but I predict you will see a large increase on this number considering how social netowrking sites spread like wildfire.

Good work.

izwar
05-31-2006, 08:52 AM
Hey guys yestereday i got 41 members and the day before aout 23 so im at 74 in 2 days and a half going real good but lets see how consistent this stays. Take care guys, and thank you for the suggestion i will sign up for adbrite what are their requirements for traffic.

Cutter
05-31-2006, 09:23 AM
no requirements

Emancipator
05-31-2006, 09:29 AM
what sort of promoting are you doing izwar? For a new site they cant just be "stumbling in".

izwar
05-31-2006, 09:57 AM
a lot of promoting

Emancipator
05-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Ahh that is some good promoting. And yeah that ratio is right :) Just means folks are not hitting one page and then leaving. I have a bout a 10 to 20:1 ratio myself.

izwar
05-31-2006, 02:00 PM
cool i guess that will be good once the cpm networks are up and running

Emancipator
05-31-2006, 05:21 PM
not really since they are not gonna pay you for every hit, only the uniques. We can only wish they paid for hits.

AndyH
05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Goodwork. One thing I noticed.

"Enter the following sequence of numbers/letters to continue to next step:"

While automated programs making accounts won't be an issue right away, you should get this fixed. Put the numbers/letters on the page in the HTML does not do anything to stop them. You need it to be an image - try HotScripts.com for "captcha".

Cutter
05-31-2006, 09:45 PM
On one of my forums the average pageviews for returning visitors is around 20, so thats not completely nuts.

izwar
05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
not really since they are not gonna pay you for every hit, only the uniques. We can only wish they paid for hits.

dont they pay you based on impressions, i was alywas under that impression how can they pay you based on uniques?

izwar
06-02-2006, 05:33 PM
It's nice and professional looking and seems pretty functional. 17 members a day is great, but I predict you will see a large increase on this number considering how social netowrking sites spread like wildfire.

Good work.

at what point in member numbers do you think social networking sites start spreading, i would think that once you get around 1 thousand membres or 2 thousand the snowball effect might start but dont know, right now im pushing hard and getting anywhere from 20 to 30 members a day.