PDA

View Full Version : when do you submit to google ?

s2kinteg916
11-23-2003, 12:11 PM
My websites nearly 50% done has most of the keywords now i just need to add more content daily when is a good time to submit to google ? the sooner the better ?

Shawn
11-23-2003, 12:26 PM
I would have submitted to Google weeks ago. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get entered into Google.

incka
11-23-2003, 12:28 PM
Make sure every keyword thing is ready. The first listing ever is like first impressions. They can make or ruin a site.

s2kinteg916
11-23-2003, 12:29 PM
So once you get a good layout of all your keywords you want to submit asap ?

chromate
11-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Yes. Get it in as soon as you possibly can. It can take up to 8 weeks for your site to properly settle in the search engine results pages. Get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

incka
11-23-2003, 12:56 PM
What is this new website BTW? (A link here will improve it's backwards links)

Mike
11-23-2003, 01:25 PM
You may as well do it now, ready for the next update.

incka
11-23-2003, 01:50 PM
I bet most of these fine members can't wait for the next google update because google might be back to normal then...

chromate
11-23-2003, 02:22 PM
The only reason I wish it'd get back to normal (assuming this isn't normal) is so I can work out what site to build next :) It's too hard to work out what's a safe search term to target at the moment in terms of competition.

incka
11-23-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by chromate
The only reason I wish it'd get back to normal (assuming this isn't normal) is so I can work out what site to build next :) It's too hard to work out what's a safe search term to target at the moment in terms of competition.

I agree.

I'm working on several sites, because I don't know which I should do next...

fatnewt
11-23-2003, 03:00 PM
do all of them ;)

bugsy
11-23-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Shawn Weeks
I would have submitted to Google weeks ago. It takes about 3-4 weeks to get entered into Google.

3-4 weeks???? I've gotten a new site completely spidered in less than a week. I think google is now constantly "freshening" up their content.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Mike
11-24-2003, 02:00 AM
It's spidering quicker in my opinion.

GCT13
11-24-2003, 02:10 AM
Quicker? Less than a week? You guys are getting some good luck.

It can't happen fast enough for me! :D

ozgression
11-24-2003, 02:50 AM
ditto...
________
starcraft II replays (http://screplays.com/)

chromate
11-24-2003, 05:56 AM
It's quite easy to get your site crawled very quickly just using the "addurl" daily. A temporary ranking will normally follow very shortly after that (1 to 2 weeks) but the final ranking seems to only be awarded a few weeks after that. Then of course the all important PR and backlink update could take even longer.

In my experience the whole process does take about 4 to 6 weeks. I think the PR is the important thing, because whilst you have a PR of 0 people are reluctant to link to your site. So I would say, submit as soon as possible just to get that first bit of PR so you don't have any hold up in getting more backlinks.

Mike
11-24-2003, 09:52 AM
I don't think people will be reluctant to link to you, as in many circumstances people don't know about SEO.

chromate
11-24-2003, 09:58 AM
I have experienced a lot of reluctance. I've had a number of possible link partners actually say that they don't link to PR0 sites. Thankfully now, after that last update, I actually have some PR. Getting backlinks is now so much easier. I'm targeting a relatively competitive field though, so the high PR sites are obviously aware of the SEO aspects.

s2kinteg916
11-29-2003, 09:06 AM
i managed to get spidered in 1 or 2 days and i already recieved hits from google in about 3 days

Mike
11-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by chromate
I have experienced a lot of reluctance. I've had a number of possible link partners actually say that they don't link to PR0 sites. Thankfully now, after that last update, I actually have some PR. Getting backlinks is now so much easier. I'm targeting a relatively competitive field though, so the high PR sites are obviously aware of the SEO aspects.

Most of the time, people don't reply to my link requests:(

Really I think it depends on what topic it is. If it's a webmaster site then I'd have thought that they'd be aware of SEO aspects. Another topic, maybe not. Then again, it might not work like that.

I think looking at the structure of the site may help you decide weather they would exchange links.

michael_gersitz
11-29-2003, 04:03 PM
I just make enough sites that I can link them together.... Nobody wants to link anybody anymore.... :(

lo0ol
11-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bugsy
3-4 weeks???? I've gotten a new site completely spidered in less than a week. I think google is now constantly "freshening" up their content.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I was also thinking along the same lines. I've seen new pages spidered in less than a week aswell, even a couple of days.