PDA

View Full Version : Backlink text

agua
05-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi - for my design site - I have been using "Website Design" as much as possible for my backlink text - is this a wise idea as I think the competition is huge?

If no - what would be good backlink text to use?

r2d2
05-15-2006, 11:57 PM
I would say maybe add your location, because I would think people would generally look for local companies?

And I would say it is definitely worth finding something more focussed than just "Website Design" - as you say, this is going to be a very tough keyword to rank for.

Kyle
05-16-2006, 03:37 AM
DEFINITELY add your location, or the nearest large city.
Specifically for your case, I would target "Web Design Australia".
A couple associates of mine receive great leads from location web design searches.

Masetek
05-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I would definately go as far as putting the city in

Cloughie
05-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Its often better to get a GREAT ranking on a lower searched for term, than fighting to get an average ranking on a highly popular search term, so yep I would put in the city.

agua
05-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the input - I thought I had been barking up the wrong tree :) but glad I realised early

Emancipator
05-17-2006, 09:57 AM
another good thing to do is specify. I did 'freelance website design' and got #1 on google with it when I was doing work for a friend. I concur with the thought of putting your big city in the backlink text :)

peach
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Do some research before you choose keywords..
Most countries spell "webdesign" but the US and probably the UK as well spell "web design".

http://www.google.com/trends?q=webdesign%2Cweb+design%2Cwebsite+design&ctab=1&geo=all&date=all

agua
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks peach - I was just thinking about that the other day.

Google trends is awesome - I only glanced over it the other day and never knew you could do comparisons - Cool