PDA

View Full Version : RSS promotion

Grant29
05-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Hi,

If your site has RSS/XML feeds, you can add the icons to your site that lets a user click it to add the feed to their customized Yahoo, Google, etc page. I've been doing this for a while on several of my sites and like the extra traffic that I'm getting. There are also some RSS aggregators on the web that might pull your RSS feed and then rebroadcast it. It's a wasy to get some unexpected backlinks.

It was getting tedious to create the code and pick the icons that I wanted, so I created an easy site that anyone can use.

Visit RSS Icon Gallery (http://www.rssicongallery.com) to see for yourself.

Thanks,
Grant

Admins - I hope it isn't against the terms for self promotion, but I don't really have anything to gain at the destination URL.

Chris
05-15-2006, 11:14 AM
I've moved this to the user owned website area. If you have a new site you wish to announce, that's really the best place.

Grant29
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks Chris. I wasn't really sure which forum was correct.

Selkirk
05-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Good idea, but the page does not display property with Safari.

I added you to my del.icio.us bookmarks. There is your next project. bookmarkicongallery.com. :)

Grant29
05-16-2006, 04:47 AM
Ugg, how bad does it look in safari? How can I test that as I'm a windows user.

Giles
05-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I think it would be a good idea to add the regular RSS/XML buttons as well, the little yellow bubble, the blue safari one, the plainone that says XML. I wuld find it more useful if I had the basics.

Grant29
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
I think it would be a good idea to add the regular RSS/XML buttons as well, the little yellow bubble, the blue safari one, the plainone that says XML. I wuld find it more useful if I had the basics.

I stilll might add those, but I'm not sure how to make them clickable so that they show up in your browser as an RSS feed. ie, I'm not sure how to make the HTML code for that. If it's just adding the icons, that's easy enough. I woudn't want someone hotlinking the images on my site though.