PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy Issue

Giles
05-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Last night I bought photographertips.net and I have since got it working fine. Just a few minutes ago I got an email from sales@godaddy.com

================================================== =========
REFUND CONFIRMATION
================================================== =========
Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:22:58 PM

Dear Giles Thompson,

GoDaddy.com(R) has received a refund request for the following items:

QTY ITEM PRICE
--------------------------------------------------------------
-1 .NET Domain Name Registration - 1 Year $ (*)
PHOTOGRAPHERTIPS.NET
--------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $ (*)
Shipping & Handling: $ 0.00
Tax: $ 0.00
Total: $ (*)

A few minutes later I recieved an email from support@godaddy.com

ITEM CANCELLATION CONFIRMATION

Dear Giles Thompson,

Per your request, the items listed below have been cancelled from your account, 9063890:

.NET Domain Name Registration - 1 Year: PHOTOGRAPHERTIPS.NET

If you feel this cancellation has occurred in error or you need further assistance, our support staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

+ Online Support: https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/support.asp?prog_id=GoDaddy&isc=wwbb566
+ Email: mailto:support@godaddy.com
+ Phone: (480) 505-8877

Thanks again for being a GoDaddy.com customer.

Sincerely,
GoDaddy.com

I never requested my domain be cancelled and it is still working now. i cannot login to my godaddy account and when I request a new password be sent to me it says that my email is *****@godaddy.com

I emailed godaddy suport this

I never requested my domain to be canceled and I want to keep it. Please return it to me right away. Also, I cannot login to my account anymore, I suggest there may be a security flaw. My customer number is * and my order number is *.
Please fix my account and return me my domain,
Giles Thompson

And the reply was:

Dear Giles Thompson,

Thank you for contacting customer support. There has been a problem with the order. Upon refunding your purchase, your order was cancelled and your account was locked. I have forwarded this information to the correct department, and they will be contacting you as soon as possible. We will not be able to assist you with this issue in this department. Please wait for them to contact you for further information. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Stacy P.
Customer Support
Customer Inquiry

Is this a fraud?
Has someone hacked my account?
Anyone else experienced anything similar.

John
05-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Maybe it was a problem with your credit card? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Giles
05-14-2006, 11:16 PM
It wasn't. The buying was fine and I had control of the domain for a while. Then it was cancelled by either an error or a hacker. My account was deleted too. I had a very similar email to Stacys from a guy called Jason P.

I replied with:

Jason P.
Is Stacy your sister?
I have done nothing to my account and would like my domain name back and pointing to the correct name servers immediately. Because it is not my fault I would also like you to tell me what is being done about my issue. What is this separate department and when will they have my domain returned to me? I am acting quickly because I know what can happen if you leave things lying around. Could you at least re-enable my account. My user name was 9063890 before the email and password mysteriously changes,
I eagerly await your reply,
Giles Thompson

And almost instantly got:

Dear Giles Thompson,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

As stated previously, you information has already been forwarded to the correct department. You will need to wait to be contacted by them. Customer Support is not able to assist with this issue further. I apologize for any inconveneince.

Thank you,
Jason P.

Giles
05-15-2006, 01:35 AM
It has been fixed. Turns out they thought I was a fraud who steals credit card numbers.

KelliShaver
05-15-2006, 08:28 AM
Maybe you're the guy who stole mine a couple weeks ago and I had to wait 10 days for the company to issue a new card. If you are... thanks a LOT, buddy. :p At least they caught it before you wracked up a big bill. :D

Michael
05-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Maybe you're the guy who stole mine a couple weeks ago and I had to wait 10 days for the company to issue a new card. If you are... thanks a LOT, buddy. :p At least they caught it before you wracked up a big bill. :D

LOL, how insulting :eek: :p

Giles
05-15-2006, 10:02 PM
They thought I was a fraud becuase I used my dads credit card. If they had checked before condemning me they would have seen that we have the same last name and address. Oh well, it's all fixed now. Hopefully the nameservers will propogate pretty soon.

KelliShaver
05-16-2006, 09:47 AM
That makes no sense. My husband and I use each others cards all the time. I thought everybody did that. Oh well, glad you got it sorted out.

Pedro Monteiro
05-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Strange. I've actually gotten a lot of those cancelation emails right after changing my DNS configurations.

Anyone else get this?

Giles
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Yes, me.

Email customer support and ask them whats going on.