PDA

View Full Version : Site design review/suggestions

deronsizemore
05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
I've been working on a design for my golf site which I'll be launching hopefully by next golf season.

The design you see here is about the 5th version and personally I like how it's coming together, but I always like to get the opinion of everyone here (cause you all are usually straight shooters).

So, let me have it! Do you like it, hate it, have a suggestion for it?

I'm all ears.

http://www.kentuckygolfing.com/kentuckygolfing.gif

dashing
05-17-2006, 08:43 AM
the layout is friendly and the text is comfortable to read. What about more 'green' replacing the blue color?

Nico
05-17-2006, 09:34 AM
It's simple and nice, but a little too white for me. I would add some more color into the background or something.

Nicolas

Emancipator
05-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Its a great design. I recently redesigned my gaming news site to have a simpler friendly design as well. I give your design an 8/10.

deronsizemore
05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone for checking my design. I'll take 8/10 any day. lol.

Dashing: Where would you propose I add more green? Like maybe the site search in the top right? Make it green and a little more visable?

Sean
05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Looks good, but I'd add some greys and/or greens to the right sidebar. Perhaps add some nice bullets to the link list? or like you were saying, add some color to the search area.

Emancipator
05-17-2006, 07:41 PM
glad you like the rating cause i dont give my designs an 8 :)

deronsizemore
05-18-2006, 03:55 AM
glad you like the rating cause i dont give my designs an 8 :)

I think we're all harder on our own designs. I definitely wouldn't have given this one an 8 myself! :yawnb:

deronsizemore
06-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Okay everyone, I've made a few changes to the original template which I had in the first post of this thread...and I've also made some different changes in the other two templates.

If you all could kindly let me know what you dislike or hopefully like in the two new ones as well as the first I'd appreciate it.

www.kentuckygolfing.com/kentuckygolfing.gif
www.kentuckygolfing.com/kentuckygolfing2.gif
www.kentuckygolfing.com/kentuckygolfing3.gif