PDA

View Full Version : Why posting service?

izwar
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I dont get why people hire posting services. About a year ago i launched a forum that was a local forum with all my connections and contacts, and made about 5 user names and my friends made about 3 each and we had conversations between each other making a lot lot lot of posts. And by end of month i had 100 new members. I eventually just let the project go and didnt put any time into it, i probably should have as it could have payed off, but now im working on a bigger project. o well.

r2d2
05-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Developing your forum personally takes a lot of time though, and for some people, they may spend their time better by paying someone else to post in their forum, while they can work on new projects, or other aspects of the forum site.

etech-martin
05-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Developing a forum does take a lot of time and you need to have a lot of patience. In your case you started the promotion yourself alongwith your friends but couldn't continue for a longer period of time which is more important. Consistency is the key in promotion of your own forum, which I think is difficult to maintain. In case of paid forum posters the activity will be only till the period for which they are hired. Once they leave the lack of activity of paid posters will have an adverse effect on the activity of genuine registered members too.

Cloughie
05-11-2006, 03:30 PM
I always say never JUST start a forum.

I ran my content site for 6 months before I opened my forum.

Toucan42
05-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Paid posting is not for everyone. It's not a silver bullet and should be considered only part of an overall strategy for building an active community.

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Toucan you hit on it. But its like anything in life there is no silver bullet. If your plan of attack consists of 1 weapon you might as well not bother even starting. Have a 3 fold plan of attack, whether its forums or life in general and you will do just fine. My 2cents.