PDA

View Full Version : My Frustration

izwar
05-02-2006, 09:57 AM
i have had my site built from outsourcing, and let me tell you the frustrations and hell ive gone through. Its taken 4 freaking months for a site that shouldnt have taken a month. Originally i hired a british guy and he told me less then a month and he dragged me on for 3 months, and when it was all said and done the site wasnt finished and errors were everywhere. At this point i contracted some indian company to finish his work, but it ended up being that the guy was so bad and so many errors they had to recode the website from scratch now in php. Originally their time was about 3 weeks its been over a month now, and were finally ver very close to completion id say MAX another week, but let me tell u the mental hell ive been going through because i consider this a good site and i thin its gonna do good so ive been putting everything i have into it, i mean every second of the day if im not thinking about it im researching or doing what ever i can for it. And now im waiting for the final upload which they told me last night theyd do in a few mintues and 8 hours later its not up, sorry im just venting my frustratins with this whole situation. Hopefullly wen its all done u guys can help me with placement of ads lol.Take care guys sorry lol.

Emancipator
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
hope things all pan out well for you izwar and if you need help with anything just holler I am sure I am not alone in my offers of helping where I can.

izwar
05-02-2006, 11:58 AM
thanks its just i think im finally reaching my threshold of patience, this has been the ultimate test of patience its unbeleivable. Last night my programmers siad they would upload in the next few minutes, then they went away, and after watiing hours i go to sleep wake up and still no upload and their still away so frusrtaing you have no idea.

Sagewing
05-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Offshore development can really be a nightmare. If you really get into a jam, I can probably help, too.

Shyflower
05-02-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry to appear confrontational, but I just read your post here:
http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?p=46056#post46056

and Chris's response to it.

I am quite suprised you consider yourself qualified to criticize any site designer's proficiency. I looked at the site in your signature and it looks like it was quite a project. If your "British guy" told you a month, then he definitely wasn't a veteran in web design. Then you say you hired an Indian firm and were disappointed in their performance. Why? It looks like they picked up the ball and ran with it well after being brought into the game blind.

My frustration is those who expect professionalism but fail to work with professionals, usually because they want something cheap and quick instead of something well done, that of course, will cost more than the first alternative.

My second frustration is those who expect professionalism but fail to act professionally, thinking that venting on topics about which they are unschooled will gain them any kind of sympathetic response.

Emancipator
05-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Izwar is obviously VERY green. He is relying on people he thinks are qualified to guide and lead him. Izwar how did you decide to go with who you did? Frankly you went with India because you can pay 10cents a day ( yeah not an exact number ). But why did you go with the UK fellow?

I used to lose programming work to people in india. 9 times out of 10 they would come back to me because cheap is many things and a nightmare can be one of them. I love to say "sorry to busy now" when they do. If they are so much cheaper you have to ask yourself, why?

Do you have a link to the site? Lets see this project and more importantly to be fair what did you pay for the project? I am assuming its no the site in your sig since no way a professional designer would have done that. No offense, just being frank.