PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble getting off the ground?

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but hopefully it'll get moved to the right place instead getting closed.

Hi everyone, umm, whichever forums i goto there's always someone that's having financial difficulties, it can be worse if you don't have a source of income or if your waiting for that $100 check from google which might take another you for it to get to the $100 mark.

affiliate links are not allowed. You have been warned.

chromate
05-02-2006, 08:49 AM
If you're asking how to get off the ground (?), then I think you've answered your own question...

there's always someone that's having financial difficulties, it can be worse if you don't have a source of income

It stands to reason you'll have financial difficulties if you have no income :)

I know you've tried freelancing from your other post - try again and charge less. Sorry, but beggars cant be choosers. To illustrate this, when I started freelancing, I tried my best to complete projects for prospective clients BEFORE even placing the bids. That way, I could say in the bid, "I already have your project done. Take a look." The person hiring would almost always pick my bid and pay me because they could already see that I'd produced exactly what they require, and if not, it normally only needed a marginal amount of work to bring it up to scratch.

Of course, I wouldn't do that now just because I don't need to. But like I say, beggars can't be choosers. Put in some hard work and you'll start to reap the rewards, eventually.

Emancipator
05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Are you looking to freelance like chromate has hit on or are you running sites of your own?

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 05:44 PM
no, i was promoting this service that I had found THATS WHAT THIS PART OF THE WEBSITE IS FOR ISN"T IT FOR PROMOTING?

and some moderator edited my posts for some reason, it says "affiliate links are not allowed. You have been warned." I was sharing my knowledge how others that have no other income could benefit from this scheme, i've seen several people post there checks at the forums of this website. If I wan't sure I wan't going to get paid from this I wouldn't have promoted it. But nooo, as soon as one of the moderaters saw the link they probably thought "OMG SPAAAM SPAAAAAAAAM!!!".

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Emancipator, i'm currently looking for as many possible methods of income as possible, as chromate pointed out i've attempted to do design work previously and have failed (I hope your not one of those cyber stalkers chromate, "I know you've tried freelancing from your other post" are you refering to posts from this website?)

So, i'm currently building a content site targeting the youth with the "gaming" niche, so when i have enough traffic i'll put up google adsense. Meanwhile i'm earning money from the service i was talking about before.

Emancipator
05-02-2006, 05:54 PM
This section is for promotion not trying to make a buck through affiliate links. If you want to link to a program just dont put your affiliate id in next and i am sure chris will not edit it. I have posted promoting things and have NEVER had it edited. Key thing was I wasnt shady about it and did not stick in an affiliate id so I could make a buck off chris's site.

NOt trying to come down on you but if you had an affiliate link you earned the edit.

Chris
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Yes, its the affiliate code, not the links. If the program is so good you should want to promote it without getting a kickback for doing so.

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
oohhhh, so it's my fault for trying to make a living, IM SO SORRY, i didn't know i wasn't allowed to making a living, i guess i don't deserve to earn money, i might as well jump of the sydney harbour bridge and when the news people come, i bet some of you'll think "he's not suicidle he's only doing it so he can get on tv so he "could make a buck"!!!

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Btw people, the name of the website is called "treasuretroopers" so if your interested in it you can make your own research, i did what i could.

Note: I haven't put any links into this post i hope you dont edit this TOO!

Chris
05-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Its not about stopping you from making money, its about making sure all product recommendations are honestly put forth and not the result of affiliate programs.

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 06:21 PM
If i was a member of a scamming program, where would that put me? wouldn't i get scammed too? and this isn't an affiliate program, it's a referal program, so what your saying is from now on we should be telling people not to refer others to this forum because it's wrong, ok, i'll even ask jon to remove his link from sitepoint forums because that's a referal link which is pointing to this forum, which is according to you wrong.

Chris
05-02-2006, 06:23 PM
No one gets anything for forum referrals.

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 06:41 PM
that's what you say, to all I know you could be paying jon to have the link on his folio at sitepoint forums, your might think "why would I think of such a thing" maybe it's because he's put a link to this forum which he doesn't even participate and he posts on sitepoint forums more frequently, doesn't that seem the least suspicious to anyone?

At the end of the day i'm not doing anything different then other webmaster putting up a link to their website, the only difference is the methods we earn money. My post was never in the form of a spam, if it was i wouldn't have even bothered looking for the right place and posted it all over the forums and yes i put my referal id in it so I could benefit from it and thats if the person was convinced for him or herself that the service was not a scam. Chris you refering people to your websites, especially to the "Dell computer coupons" please don't tell me that's not affiliating your own website!!!

Cutter
05-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Dude, you need to call down. Everyone on this forum (who hasn't been banned) has follow Chris's rules and respected them. You are going to have a hell of a time getting anyone to help you if you are always picking fights.

vahsi000
05-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Cutter, think of 2 people on a forum, they both post a thread on promoting website, guy number 1 is promoting his website so he could get more traffic therefor he can get more clicks on his ads, guy number 2 pretty much does the same thing but the website isn't his, he does it so that if the person has enough confidence to signup at a service and does sign up, that is when he earns the money.
- They both are promoting a website
- They both are doing it for money
So what's so different?
Btw, i'm not picking a fight, i'm just explaining myself and trying to get a point through to you guys. What, will i get banned for arguing my point, is that what your trying to say cutter?

Billyray
05-03-2006, 02:06 AM
vahsi000 you are obviously a pretty smart chappie. You've just posted a couple hundred words. Do that on your website and you will be on your way.

The difference between an affiliate link and a link to a poster's website is.... they made the website. The name of this website is.... websitepublisher.net not affiliatelinkposter.net.

Any way them's the rules. Get over it and get on with it.

[on a side note: Cockroach! - go the Maroons]

agua
05-03-2006, 03:50 AM
[on a side note: Cockroach! - go the Maroons]Ha Ha - nice - can't wait :D

vahsi000
05-03-2006, 04:38 AM
hahaha, that's funny considering i can't even earn the money on the net to buy a domain name of 3 usd.

vahsi000
06-13-2006, 08:35 AM
My apologise to all for bumping this topic but i didn't want to make a new topic.

Some of you might know, about 3 weeks ago I launched 2 websites:

- Elinegames.com
Elinegames (Elite Online Games) is so far only about mmorpg game reviews and tips and tricks on playing these games.

- Fightyourbullies.com
This website is all about events where I was bullied in the past or during recent events. All of the stories on these sites are true and after explaining what I did, I give advice on what others that are in a similar situation do.

Now, my no.1 goal with both of these websites to actally earn some income (also to pay for the costs of the websites). I right now have less than 1 year to earn my first check and a quiet large obstacle is ahead of me right now. I'm having trouble getting traffic to my websites, now I don't have my for promotion so i'm looking for any and all methods of free traffic. So far I've submitted the site to the major search engines (google, yahoo) and a few directories. I'm currently coming towards then end of the first month for both of these websites where i'm assuming both of them are going to get about 50 uniques by the end of the month.

Right now, I feel like getting off the ground and earning money on the net one of the hardest things i've attempted at (Like i've even got my A+ Certification 3-4 years ago when i was only a little kid, 3-4 years ago). If anyone can post links to directories i can submit either of these websites, I'll greatly appreciate it.

John
06-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Submit your site to every directory you can find, heres a decent start: http://www.seocompany.ca/directory/free-web-directories.html

Visit forums that are related to your particular niches and post in their forums with your sites link in your signature (don't spam them).

Get a few visitors through contextual advertising.

Do link exchanges with similar sites.

Write a press release.

Try and get your articles dugg at digg.com

Try some promotion through myspace.

vahsi000
06-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Visit forums that are related to your particular niches and post in their forums with your sites link in your signature (don't spam them).

Get a few visitors through contextual advertising.

Write a press release.

Try and get your articles dugg at digg.com

Try some promotion through myspace.

- I'm having difficulties finding these kind of forums.
- Contextual Advertising?
- I've never written a press release so I don't know how and I wouldn't know where to submit it.
- Even if I do get my articles dugg at digg.com it's not going to be on the front page & i'm also thinking is it worth it, at the end of the day it's going to be another link pointing to my pages (assuming getting my articles on the website isn't going to be easy).
- I've heard many times about people using myspace promotion through forums but I've never heard about how they work.