PDA

View Full Version : ixwebhosting

izwar
05-01-2006, 11:57 AM
im using ixwebhosting.com for my new social community site, any one use them or no about them?
they hav a plan for 15 bux a month that gives unlimited webspace, how can they afford to do this. And what do they mean by unlimited i can use 500 gigs and they wont complain lol.

noe
05-21-2006, 02:27 PM
expert plan without database support ?

Nick_s
05-21-2006, 03:10 PM
No one can physically offer you unlimted space (or transfer), but many hosts oversell to gain customers. Most people won't be using several hundred gigs of space or transfer/month, so i'm guessing the hosts oversell because of this. They'll probably have a "fair use" policy, which will state what they can do if they think you're abusing their "unlimited" resources. If you're thinking of using that much i'd email them, since you wouldn't want your account suspended later on!

Emancipator
05-21-2006, 03:59 PM
nick is bang on. I guarantee they would not offer me unlimited. I do not trust any company that does.

John
05-22-2006, 12:37 AM
I just started using Site5 for some of my sites and they are by far the best host I have ever used.

izwar
05-26-2006, 11:50 AM
theyve been decent so far

pixelpadre
01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
I am not happy with their new policy.

We are very sorry for the recent inconvinience to you. But there is a sort of limitations on sending bulk mails:
Message will not be accepted by mailserver if total number of recipients, listed in To, Carbon Copy and Blind Carbon Copy fields exceeds 25 (It will be rejected as “452 4.5.3 Too many recipients”)
By default, it is allowed to send up to 300 messages of the same content per day. Further messages will be dropped without any notification (mailserver will issue afformative reply, but message will be dropped)
By default, it is allowed to send up to 5000 messages of the same content per month. Further messages will be dropped without any notification (mailserver will issue afformative reply, but message will be dropped)
All above will not be applied on EZMLM-managed lists, as they have automated bounce handling.

I am looking for a new webhosting provider.

newdeveloper
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Despite what people say, I think godaddy is very good. I have been using them for a few weeks now and haven't had a problem with them yet. It was easy to set up and use.

izwar
01-15-2007, 11:58 AM
im using a VPS on jump line now, seems to be pretty good and soon im getting a VPS with liquid web which claims to an awesome copmany.

Seleno
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
ixwebhosting have cpanel?
i don't it doesn't support cpanel!

Irenic Shogun
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
No one can physically offer you unlimted space (or transfer), but many hosts oversell to gain customers. Most people won't be using several hundred gigs of space or transfer/month, so i'm guessing the hosts oversell because of this. They'll probably have a "fair use" policy, which will state what they can do if they think you're abusing their "unlimited" resources. If you're thinking of using that much i'd email them, since you wouldn't want your account suspended later on!

That's what they always do, every site that offers unlimited service of any sort has a "fair use" policy, this pretty much means they're lying to your face, and they're glad to do it to.