PDA

View Full Version : Servage trying to keep my business...

John
04-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I have a hosting account at servage.net that I just use to test things out, none of my sites are on it and I havn't used it in months so I figured theres no sense in giving away my $10/month if I'm not going to use the account. I emailed them and told them to cancel my account, they emailed back saying they don't want to lose my business and asked if there was anything they could to to keep me. I told them no, cancel my account, and then they send me this:

Hello John,

I have a last offer for you. We can offer to reduce your monthly price by 60% if you keep your account open.

Would this be interesting for you?

I should say yes keep my account then start using all my bandwidth every month :)

Cutter
04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Unless you already have a bunch of accounts, I'd go with it. I split up my sites through multiple hosts for two reasons. First, SEO so they won't all be on the same IP (some are targetting the same keywords), second, if one host has a major failure I won't have a $0 day.

John
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Thats a good point but I think I'm going to give them up. They aren't a very good webhost, their servers are slow, they have a custom control panel that is far from good, and my stats have never worked.

Emancipator
04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
i say dump em john.

Cutter
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, in that case, yes get rid of them.