PDA

View Full Version : Tips On Pumping Out Sites

aeroguy
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
So its 1 am in good old Toronto, Canada, and i am nearly done studying for my aerodynamics exam. So for the next 4 months i will have 100% time to devote to my one hobby site. However, i decided on using the machine gun approah and hopefully will start pumping out sites, i figure i can only do at max 5 decent sites (sites with some content) over the course of the 4 months. So anyone got any tips on how to plan, how to keep focus..etc?
thnx

Giles
04-28-2006, 03:06 AM
I am almost finished a 2 week holiday and have pumped out 0 sites. The hardest part is getting a good topic/niche I love writing and I am looking foward to getting downa and writing great big long articles on my topic. the problem is that i don't have a topic. I have been close to deciding but there are either waay too many sites under that topic or hardly any search results. So get a good list now and start narrowing it down.

s2kinteg916
04-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Spend 2 weeks on planning should save you alot of time in the longrun.. I carry index cards and a notebook wherever i go and i write down ideas and notes on anything that comes in my head.

John
04-28-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm like s2kinteg916, I carry a notepad and a pen everwheres I go and am constantly looking for new ideas. When I originally became a publisher I was churning out the same site as everyone else and they did ok, but nowhere near what I want. Now the sites I put out are on some pretty strange topics but they are making decent amounts of money.

peach
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
So its 1 am in good old Toronto, Canada, and i am nearly done studying for my aerodynamics exam. So for the next 4 months i will have 100% time to devote to my one hobby site. However, i decided on using the machine gun approah and hopefully will start pumping out sites, i figure i can only do at max 5 decent sites (sites with some content) over the course of the 4 months. So anyone got any tips on how to plan, how to keep focus..etc?
thnx
4 months, are you creating 5 revolutionary different sites on a custom CMS or something? 5 sites in 4 months is hardly a machine gun approach.

Mook-Jon recently published an excellent article in wich he outlines the steps to produce content sites:
http://www.aojon.com/applying-the-kiss-method-to-your-projects/

I found it very useful :)

s2kinteg916
04-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Another new technique i do is i plan my websites to the latest detail before i even begin. We are talking from domain name all the way to revenue, traffic, sponsorships ideas, and so on... So by the time im ready to build the site its a matter of execution rather than creativity.

Hope that helps..

michael_gersitz
04-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I do 5 sites in about 3 days. Then get my guy to write content/find content. Very fast and efficent.

Giles
04-28-2006, 04:56 PM
I also carry a notebook, I have all sorts of good ideas. Just none of them are good enough for me to commit to.

michael_gersitz
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
It all depends how much it costs you to make each website. If you are going to be paying for hosting and domain name for an individual site, it should be a big decision. When a site only costs you money for a domain name, then you can build sites on the fly with less planning.