PDA

View Full Version : Just bought this domain

Robb
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
Hello,

I have just bought this domain and was wondering your opinions on the marketability of it.

www.arcadeallstars.com

I already have a setup on the site, I'm working on a custom layout along with adding many more games to it. but thats besides the point.

If anyone can comment on the domain name www.arcadeallstars.com and let me know what you think, I would greatly appreciate it.

- Robb

Cutter
04-27-2006, 11:17 PM
The domain is good for brandability purposes. What did you pay for it?

Robb
04-27-2006, 11:21 PM
7.99 through namecheap. they have a promo code right now, i forgot what it is, its on www.cuponcache.com though.

I'm working on developing the whole site, and getting some decent revenue and traffic and possibly selling in about 5-6 months. If it goes well, i might just keep it.

Thanks for the comment on it Cutter.

- Robb

Cutter
04-28-2006, 08:48 AM
Oh, for 7.99 its great. I thought you bought it second hand.

Robb
04-28-2006, 04:58 PM
no way lol

I wont buy a domain secondhand, ever. I believe theres always a gem thats available. just gotta think it up :)

Cutter, do you think selling probibility would be large on this, along with a script for the games and 150+ games ?

- Robb

Cutter
04-28-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't quite understand your question?

Robb
04-29-2006, 10:08 AM
would the domain name generate a nice sale if i were to sell the domain name only? also, would the site itself along withthe domain name possibly generate a good sale? im thinking of developing for 2-3 months and then trying to sell it. just want to get an opinion on a pricerange or idea of how much it could generate.

- Robb

Bleys
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it's only worth something on the market developed (i.e., with arcade content and traffic)... and then how much it is worth will depend on how much money you are making and that traffic, etc.

With a domain like that (rather long, not going to get any type-in traffic as is) it's not worth anything as just a domain. But as Cutter said, it's a good domain and should be quite brandable. So just develop it and then try to sell it. :) Which is seems like you're doing anyway.

Also, I thought it was sort of funny that you said you'd never buy a second hand domain because there is always a gem out there, then asked how much your domain was worth. :D

Emancipator
04-30-2006, 10:26 AM
robb without traffic it has very little value. Anyone can make a flash games site quite easily with a $25 script. Making a site with traffic is a different story.