PDA

View Full Version : Using Microsofts Free Domain

allout
04-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Is there anyone else using the free domain and hosting from Microsoft at Officelive.com ?
I like the free service and the ease of use but does anyone know if you can add adsense or affliate links to the pages? I can't find anywhere to add your own html.

Johnny Gulag
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM
I did not know anything about it, but the fact that they want my credit card info to sign up for a "free" service. Makes me nervous to say the least.

allout
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
The credit card was not a problem, they use it to verify who you are. They charge a $1 and then refund it right back to you.

Emancipator
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
i think his point is the fact they have it at all. Why do you need it to prove who i am when its free? Did anyone give their credit card to gmail or hotmail? Nope... red flags are raised for sure!

allout
04-28-2006, 09:03 PM
I see your point and I agree to a point. However, the two examples you used have both been abused for other purposes like spamming and underage activity, I think their point is to not allow people to just use the free services for stupid and illegal stuff.

However, that is not the whole point I was creating with this thread. I am not trying to get others to use Office Live, I was just asking if anyone does use it and if they do, is there a way to add our own html. :D