PDA

View Full Version : Buying content

Uzzz
04-23-2006, 03:03 PM
my first real post, so hello there.

I'm looking at purchasing some unique content/articles, since that seems to be the way to go, other then writing them myself of course. So what kind of prices should i be looking at here? Whats the ideal length for good articles? And where are some good places to look? elance.com? sitepoint? constant-content.com?

Any advice much appreciated :wave:
Cheers

Giles
04-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Make sure you don't buy content that is exactly the same or similar to content that others are buying. You will feel the effects of the duplicate content filter.

It may be better to pay someone to write you content rather than to buy pre-written stuff as then you are guaranteed freshmess and authenticity.

Emancipator
04-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Uzz buying content is a good way to start out. For $100 you can get some reasonable articles to get your site working. Look to spend around $20 per article for a good quality article.

BP2000
04-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Ditto. What Emancipator said is spot on. Place an add in 'Looking to hire' sections of forums - you should have no problems finding quality content writers.

Goodluck! Let us know how you get on :)

Uzzz
04-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Thx guys.

Does article length matter? Obviously the more the better, but when just starting out will a couple of paragraphs make due? Should i aim to have more topics with less content, or more content with less topics? If that makes sense :D

Emancipator
04-24-2006, 07:55 AM
For the price i mentioned you should expect a 500 to 800 word article. I would not go any shorter then 500 words in an article.