PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Adsense

cphan
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Ok I've been using Text Ad Only for Google Adsense and generally the pay is pretty good.

However I've been thinking to try Text Ad and Image Ads on Google Adsense since they now have the option to run image ads. Is there a huge difference in terms of payout between Text Ad and Text Ad & Image Ad? Would I see a difference in better income?

Giles
04-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I guess it depends on your site. If it is related to something like cellphones or games ( i have seen image ads for both) then the CTR should be pretty good. I imagine image ads pay the same amount as text ads but they could be more eye catching. Perhaps you should try two ads in the same part of your site for a week each and see which one does best. If you are doing pretty well already then I wouldn't worry much. Don't forget that you can have ad units that display image ads only if one is available, and if it is not then they just display regular text ads.

cphan
05-01-2006, 08:41 PM
This is just a dumb question but Adsense is CPC right? I mean I make money base on the number of click and not CPM where it's base on impression.

Giles
05-02-2006, 12:27 AM
I think you get paid per million impressions as well. or different ads are displayed that pay you CPM. They are the ones with the big titles and usually show a website address or a phone number.