PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good CMS

Giles
04-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I am looking for a CMS that supports feeds(feeds are imported as content). I know that Joomla and Drupal do. I am also looking for one that I would be able to set up so that users can comment on each item and rate it.

I may be able to sort this out in joomla or drupal but neither of them handle feeds the way I would like and I have seen other sites that contain full articles and import the feed as seperate items rather than just one big list. Perhaps this is possible using plugins and modules.

Is there any way to write RSS syndication staright into PHP and use it as dynamci content that way?

Emancipator
04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
yes to the RSS with php. I custom build my cms systems primarily because there are no good CMS systems that will fit what you need exactly. In my case nothing even came close.

Good luck with your hunt, or if you can write your own in php. Its really not that terribly hard.

Giles
04-20-2006, 01:37 AM
I had a look around on google and I couldn't find anything about how to build newsfeeds into RSS. Because they are simple XML I am sure it would be easy to build them into a php script. My problem is that I wasn each article to be taken as one piece of content and stored on the site. I am using google video newsfeeds which are very simple and contain the mebedded movie.

What is the basic code to build RSS into a php script.

Emancipator
04-20-2006, 06:08 AM
can you be more specific? I dont understand what you mean. RSS cms? Do you mean you want to echo out rss feeds with php onto your site? OR you want to generate the xml feed with php?

Giles
04-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I mean taking an off site feed and importing content from it.