PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my site from position nr. 50 in "MSN Search" to 1st page again?

Michel Z.
04-18-2006, 12:09 AM
My site: http://www.smilies.name

Note - It was always ranked nr. 5 (keyword: smilies) in "MSN Search" for several months, but since January it lost it's high position within MSN Search!

How can I get back my 1st page ranking for keyword "smilies"?

1. Do I need to add more quantity & quality back links? Which one is more important for "MSN Search"?

2. Maybe I should changing around text of "title & Hx" of my site a little bit?
Though both have already my main keyword "smilies" inside!

3. Adding more to content like my main keyword "smilies"?
PS - When I check density now it shows 15.56 & 21 times repeat, that should be high enough/fine, correct?

4. Maybe adding synoniem keywords to my content will give a boost, like: smileys, emoticons, etc.?

5. Or adding content which is more close related to my main keyword "smilies" in order to get the job done:
animated smilies, free smilies, msn smilies, yahoo smilies, funny smilies, aim smilies, etc. (keyword tool)

What is your opinion or suggestion what to change to my site in order to improve rankings? Maybe you would like to add some techniques I can use to get better rankings?

Many thanks! :)

James
04-18-2006, 01:52 AM
You should be trying to get lots of quality back links. Quantity is crap if they're not worth anything.

Maybe optimize the code to have more keywords, and less HTML; I'm not sure whether MSN cares, but optimized code'll make sure it's properly read anyways.

Emancipator
04-18-2006, 08:36 AM
msn doesnt care. Even **** backlinks work. I have gotten #1 rankings for tough terms with thousands of ****ty backlinks. ONLY with MSN am I talking.

Michel Z.
04-18-2006, 09:55 AM
msn doesnt care. Even **** backlinks work. I have gotten #1 rankings for tough terms with thousands of ****ty backlinks. ONLY with MSN am I talking.

Thanks Emancipator!
Do you have also any tips or suggestions for me?

darker
04-18-2006, 10:57 AM
for msn I'd actually suggets the coop from DP. I don't aim for msn anymore, but when I did I usually got top 10 by using coop weight + links from one of my sites with about 150,000 indexed pages, that was all it took... sad, and it might have changed since then.

chromate
04-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, quantity counts with MSN. However, I don't think thousands of unrelated links looks good to other search engines, so I decided a while back to avoid the DP Coop. The traffic from MSN is minute in my experience anyway, so I just don't bother with it to be honest.

I believe Shawn Weeks has done quite well with it and competitive terms on MSN though.

Emancipator
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
ive gotten some very competitive terms on MSN... as in #1 out of 500million results. Key is a ton of backlinks. Keep in mind MSN doesnt send SQUAT for traffic compared to google. So my #1 suggestion Michel is backlinks and you can get #1 in under a week. I did a test and got #1 for "dvd releases" in less then a week.

Michel Z.
04-19-2006, 10:54 PM
ive gotten some very competitive terms on MSN... as in #1 out of 500million results. Key is a ton of backlinks. Keep in mind MSN doesnt send SQUAT for traffic compared to google. So my #1 suggestion Michel is backlinks and you can get #1 in under a week. I did a test and got #1 for "dvd releases" in less then a week.

Thanks a lot Emancipator!
Any ideas/suggestions, besides DP Coop, how to get many back links quite fast? :)

Emancipator
04-20-2006, 06:10 AM
basically you want to aim for a couple thousand. A good start is put your site in your sig on these boards. The next step is put it in the footer of all your sites and ask some friends to help you out.

Masetek
04-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks a lot Emancipator!
Any ideas/suggestions, besides DP Coop, how to get many back links quite fast? :)

*Write articles
*Submit to directories (see sig)
*Buy cheap links
*Comment spam (joking..)

Emancipator
04-20-2006, 10:24 AM
lol... comment spam :P