PDA

View Full Version : WebPosition Gold 4

spotmea30
04-16-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm on my final day of my trial of WebPosition Gold 4. I've primarily used the "reporter" feauture, but dabbled in the rest, as well. Was a little depressing as my site is nowhere near being ranked in the top 30 of any of my search terms.

Anyway, my question is this: has anyone purchased WP4? Do you like it? Would you buy it again? Any comparable software you'd recommend instead? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Emancipator
04-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Key thing to keep in mind with software like this is IF it could truly give you top 30 on a good keyword why wouldnt everyone here be using it? It is great software for new people to get under populated terms but that is all. I used one of the first versions that was built.

spotmea30
04-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Any similar products you'd recommend?

Emancipator
04-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Nope, but I am sure some others will have opinions on this topic :)

KLB
04-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Several years ago I purchased what was then the current version of web position, but then only used it a few times for reporting purposes before learning the Google didn't like the use of such tools and specifically mentioned WPG as a prohibited tool. Once I learned Google had I bullseye painted on WPG I decided it wasn't wasn't worth the risk. Keep in mind that most SEs do not like tools like WPG and actively take measures to detect their use. I figure why risk getting banned by an SE over such a tool.

Cutter
04-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Most of thoses software programs are garbage, I recommend reading Aaron Wall's SEOBook if you need help with SEO. There are also some good articles here on this site.

James
04-16-2006, 06:13 PM
I used to live by these programs; I used them constantly, and learned one thing: they're good for nothing. They may be able to tell you your rank in a few search engines, but anything of value related to that can be gotten from your logs anyways.