PDA

View Full Version : Can you make this pay ?

Deano
04-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi all, Im new to this forum and was pointed to hear from Ses whos a mod on SP.

Down to business, I have a network of 3 sites which has a stong community following, Ive done no advertising, our presence has only been publised via word of mouth..

The niche im covering is Flight Simulators, and the stats are lookin ok I guess, however the sites have only been fully functional for around a year now and the stats are as follows :

Uniques : 125.233
Hits : 67.964.879
from the 3 sites for March

The above are based on march. The community doesnt click on the ads that I offer and they cant abide popups :brickwall

If anyone has any ideas of how I could profit from this I would be very appreciative.

Kind regards
Deano

Cutter
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Where are you putting the ads?

Chris
04-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Could you describe your sites in a little more detail, you say they are community bases, are they purely forums? Or is it a forum/article companionship like this site or SitePoint?

Are the 3 sites the same, or is it like site1 = articles, site2 = forum, site3 = store?

s2kinteg916
04-15-2006, 07:46 PM
More details about the niches u are in should help out

Deano
04-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Sorry about that, here are the sites

www.flying-legends.net
www.screenshotprints.com
www.flightsimguides.com

When I say community based:
Flying-Legends.net:
file uploads/downloads, flight sim news, articles, reviews
Ads : top banner 468x60, top right box 250x250, text links left middle

ScreenShotPrints.com
news, competitions, forums, galleries tutorials
Ads : top banner 468x60, text links left middle

FlightSimGuides.com
Tutorial based site to help the flight simmer in most aspects
Ads : top banner 468x60, text links left middle

Hope this helps

darker
04-16-2006, 03:26 AM
tried out adsense? It will give relevant links, and that might do the trick for your visitors..

Deano
04-16-2006, 03:36 AM
funny you should say that becasue Adsense locked my account due to fraudlant clicks ? I never new this was happening then all of a sudden I receieved an email stating so.

is there away around this so I can get my account reopened ?

john190
04-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Adsense is good. If you don't cheat it then you shouldn't really get banned. But even though you don't cheat it some people do get banned and they only get banned because Adsense has to have so much security which has only been put in place because of the cheaters in the first place.

So if anybody gets banned for no reason, you can only blame the cheaters for it and not really Adsense.

organ
04-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Hi all, Im new to this forum and was pointed to hear from Ses whos a mod on SP.

Down to business, I have a network of 3 sites which has a stong community following, Ive done no advertising, our presence has only been publised via word of mouth..

The niche im covering is Flight Simulators, and the stats are lookin ok I guess, however the sites have only been fully functional for around a year now and the stats are as follows :

Uniques : 125.233
Hits : 67.964.879
from the 3 sites for March

The above are based on march. The community doesnt click on the ads that I offer and they cant abide popups :brickwall

If anyone has any ideas of how I could profit from this I would be very appreciative.

Kind regards
Deano
Why not try adbrite?
it nice and kind.

organ
04-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Adsense is good. If you don't cheat it then you shouldn't really get banned. But even though you don't cheat it some people do get banned and they only get banned because Adsense has to have so much security which has only been put in place because of the cheaters in the first place.

So if anybody gets banned for no reason, you can only blame the cheaters for it and not really Adsense.
the problem not cheat but the traffic. The high traffic means he must pay more.

john190
04-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I'm an advertiser of adbrite. I started advertising thinking that it would be cheap to get traffic. But so far I am finding that it is not converting aswell as what adwords would as I get alot of non english speaking people clicking through to my site, which then just click of again.

Some sites do give me alright traffic. I have more advanced stats in place now which I have built so I will definately know where the targeted traffic is coming from, and which traffic is not targeted enough and also the traffic that is fraudulent.