PDA

View Full Version : Tag Words / Keyword Spamming

cameron
04-15-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm adding a tag feature to a few of my sites so that I can link together various items on the site through common words. I'm planning on having the tags listed on each page, and I just got to thinking that it will just look like a big list of keywords. Would search engines possibly view it as spam?

Emancipator
04-15-2006, 09:08 AM
so in articles your going to take words like "sports drink" and link it to another one of your siteS? I used a similar tagging system on one of my sites without a problem.

Chris
04-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Or like the autolinking feature (re adsense ) here?

cameron
04-15-2006, 01:27 PM
More like this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/

There won't be as many keywords like on that page. For example, on a page with a skateboarding picture there would be something like this:
Tags - skateboarding, san fransico, kickflip, stairs, john doe

Tagging and tag clouds are becoming pretty popular, so hopefully it's not seen as spammy by search engines.

ozgression
04-15-2006, 04:46 PM
I think it depends on how it is done. A bigger site like flickr may get away with it, whereas a little guy like you is more likely to be punished, IMHO.

Emancipator
04-15-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah chris hit on what i am talking about.

Giles
04-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Anyone know any CMS or script software that has tagging built in. I am planning on using something like that and the modifying it to make a project I've been thinking about.