PDA

View Full Version : Watch my Progress

Giles
04-15-2006, 04:41 AM
I have started a new blog to track my progress as a website publisher. This is my first post:

This is my first post. Here is the situation:
I have a few sites, all hosted on free serves throught the internet. These are pretty basic and include a games arcade, image upload, a web directory and a personal site, a Forum site for New Zealanders which I co-own as well as some experimental sites. These all have very little or no traffic and very little or no earnings. Most of these sites have adsense ads that are badly placed and coloured. I have gathered a lot of ideas about website publishing, building, managing and optimising. I think I’m ready to make a proper website. I have been playing around with ideas for a while and have got a small list of niche sites. I am planning on buying one domain and building one website, I should be able to sort out hosting, or just buy that as well. This site will be built in wordpress becuase I have heard good things about it and it has a good interface. Basically I will jist write about the topic and heavily optimise the site as well as setting up the perfect ads. Having one project is best for me because I don’t have a lot of time and I can focus my attention on one site. This is really just a fun project and is toi give me something to do. If all goes well then I will get at least one adsense payout and then can buy more domains and perhaps some scripts or better hosting. I started this blog to track my progress and look back on how I started (hopefully). It also gives me some practise with writing as I will be doing quite a lot of it. Come back, or subscribe to my feed to see how I go.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions or would like your link on my blog and I will gladly oblige. This blog is pretty much private and I'm not really going to promote it at all. I have already linked to Jon's blog.

Masetek
04-15-2006, 04:53 AM
Whats the URL?

s2kinteg916
04-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Yeah give us a url... ill be glad to offer support as well as watch your progress

Giles
04-16-2006, 05:09 AM
Sorry, the name isn't finalised yet and it's hosted on a free server so it may be slow and run out of bandwith. When I get some money i'll buy a big hosting account and a load of domains and maybe put the blog up there. It's not really meant to be public at all, just a way that I, and you can see my progress.

The name of the blog is "diary of a website publisher" and I customised an Autumn(fall) theme because I live in the southern hemisphere. The best thing about this blog is that I'm finding wordpress great to use and getting used to all of it's features. I appreciate the support and let me know if you want me to link to you, even though my link is worth practically nothing. I already have a link to jon's blog up.

http://ezgames.syxe.com/blog