PDA

View Full Version : Blog Update

dalecom
04-12-2006, 01:50 PM
Hello chaps,

A quick suggestion to make things pick up a bit quicker.
Since the closure of the sitepoint advertising sales + affiliate forums Im looking for somewhere else to visit daily - this could be the forum but its a bit quiet.
If you updated the blogs with at least one post a day that would be a start as I value chris and jons oppinions ;)

Cutter
04-12-2006, 03:08 PM
My blog gets updated almost daily :)

This forum may seem silent compared to sitepoint, but its roaring with activity compared to before Chris got "demoted"

Chris
04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I just can't think of things to write about on a daily basis. I favor the longer more article-like posts and there just aren't that many topics out there.

Emancipator
04-12-2006, 07:00 PM
i find that on webpub i dont have to sort through 100 B.s. posts to get to the 5 good ones. here we got the 5 good ones without the crap. Dont change anything

Cutter
04-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Thats probably the #1 reason I'm here. Sitepoint, Digitalpoint, and WMW have so much stuff every day it gets to the point where its no longer readable. There is only so much "new" information you can consume, and on most forums the quality of that information is pretty poor. I like to help people, but on some forums there are 100 people for every single person who I can learn something from. Those aren't the places I spend my time.

ses5909
04-13-2006, 06:15 AM
Remember, quality trumps quantity any day.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 02:32 PM
amen ses.. preach on! :)

Chris
04-14-2006, 03:46 PM
That being said... if anyone has a question they think I could answer & turn into a blog post... feel free to PM me.

Masetek
04-15-2006, 05:12 AM
I agree 100% with whats been said here. This forum is real quality. If you ask a question you get in depth answers from ppl who know what they're talking about. As apposed to 30 1 liners from ppl who dont know jack.

A suggestion for the blog. How about a "how to launch a new site properly series". And I dont mean just getting listed on search engines, or a list of what to do. Maybe a bit more in depth. Like how you'd do it. Some topics might be...

-google sitemaps? worth it? how to create, submit etc
-submitting to directories? Which ones? pay/free?
-article writing and submission. I mean writing articles for getting new links
-contacting other webmasters, working out exchange deals, networking in your nche
-other traffic building methods

I think alot of ppl know how to make sites, they just dont know what to do once they're finished and dont know how to keep them growing.