PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter / Mailing list question.

agua
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I know a lot of you have a large number of subscribers to your mailing lists - are these lists niche specific?

I mean do you collect emails according to the site niche and create niche mailing list for each topic, or do you use a generic subscribe box on all your sites and subscribe all emails into one list?

Emancipator
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
I have only one mailing list and its a niche, movie contests. Every newsletter I give away at least 3 dvds/autographed celebrity items, etc. People email me to ask why they have not gotten their newsletter yet if its a day late.

Cloughie
04-17-2006, 12:39 AM
agua, it depends on whether you have topics that are differentiated enough to create seperate lists.

Heres an example. I run a fitness website, so could run a newsletter on bodybuilding, one on nutrition, one on supplements etc. However, my audience will have a strong interest in all 3, so it seems silly to create seperate lists.

It also depends on your content. If you have great content and it neatly differentiates into seperate subjects, seperate lists might be a good idea.

agua
04-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the answers - what you both say makes total sense.