PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take MSN Search to index (SERPs) your site recently?

Michel Z.
04-10-2006, 10:51 PM
When I submitted sites at the end of last year (2005), MSN Search picked up & ranked my sites (most of them 1st page) fast. Some of my sites even after few days already!!

Then I submitted new sites again a couple of months ago, but this time with less success: it took MSN Search a long time to get my sites indexed. Some of them I didn't find back at all in the SERPs...!

- What is your experience lately with MSN Search?
- How long did it take MSN Search to index your site after submitting?

PS - I am not so much interested if your site was cached fast, but more how long it took MSN Search to index (SERPs) your site after submitting!!

Many thanks! :)

Kyle
04-10-2006, 11:10 PM
I have never submitted to MSN. Any site or page I have has been indexed in MSN within a week generally. I'm sure the more incoming links you have, the faster you'll get indexed regardless of whether you submit it.

Emancipator
04-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Msn updates my site weekly if not better. I have never submitted to it. Its unfortunate nobody uses MSN as it could be a great source for traffic.

darker
04-11-2006, 10:40 AM
didn't submit, but it took about 3 days for my latest site.. nowhere to be found in google yet.

s2kinteg916
04-11-2006, 04:25 PM
yeah its pretty easy to get into msn... google tends to take a while though..

Masetek
04-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Me neither...Ive never submitted. MSN crawls my sites like crazy

Kyle
04-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Get more links Michael Z.

Michel Z.
04-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I have never submitted to MSN. Any site or page I have has been indexed in MSN within a week generally. I'm sure the more incoming links you have, the faster you'll get indexed regardless of whether you submit it.

To be sure, by 'indexing' you mean getting a ranking in the SERPs, correct?

Michel Z.
04-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Get more links Michael Z.

Thanks!

r2d2
04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I would say indexing is when you site shows up when you do a 'site:www.domain.com (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.domain.com&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)' search. You can't guarantee you will find yourself when looking through SERPS really.

Kyle
04-11-2006, 11:52 PM
I would say indexing is when you site shows up when you do a 'site:www.domain.com (http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.domain.com&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)' search. You can't guarantee you will find yourself when looking through SERPS really.

I agree, your example is when you're indexed. Ranking is another story, but generally MSN ranks you appropriately quickly after being indexed (1 or 2 days).... unlike Google and Yahoo.

etech-martin
04-13-2006, 05:53 AM
I think MSN and Yahoo index a site much faster than Google, so it won't take more than two days and even more faster if u have a backlink from a pre-indexed page.

spotmea30
04-13-2006, 08:27 PM
MSN has blown me away lately. I'll write a blog-entry and within two days MSN has crawled it. Crazy! :banana: