PDA

View Full Version : transferring over 300 domains to an enom account

ramprage
04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Well I'v egot a whack of domain names all over the place and I want to consolidate my domain names :D This sounds like one of those bad dept companies. Well anyways accounts with Godaddy, namecheap and everyone else in the mix.

Right now my enom account gets domains for $7.80 or something like that. I'd like a good portion of them to have whois protection.

The hardest part is going to be sure they transfer over smoothly.I'm glad to see enom now supports .ca as well

moonshield
04-07-2006, 08:37 AM
That does not sound like too much fun. I remember transferring 25 to another registrar and that was a total pain in the neck.

Remember that you have to wait 90(is that it?) days after registering before transferring.

cyanide
04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Yes, I have a client moving over 100 domains to enom. it's a process, for sure.

I've been waiting for the longest time to have enom support .ca domains, finally :brickwall
There are so many issues with cira, but the strange part is that .ca transfers to enom are actually super fast. Usually next day

James
04-07-2006, 09:25 AM
I'd suggest working with their support on this one, see if there's someone that can help you do this a bit easier.

paul
04-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I think you are going to have lots of "fun" with the GoDaddy transfers :)

Emancipator
04-07-2006, 11:47 AM
wow dude that wont be a fun task at all.

ramprage
04-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah no kidding, I think I'm going to start moving a bunch at a time. Instead of trying to mass all them at once, it will be to much to handle and I'll probably end up losing some.

Maybe like 50 a month, starting with domainpeople then going through other companies where I have names and clearing each of them out one at a time.

Sigh, good times. Well the good things is they will all be under one roof, easier to manage and cheaper to renew.

I setup my own script that puts up YPN ads for the ones that don't have any content on them. I was thinking about setting up some kind of RSS article feeds on others. Anyone have experience with this?

Emancipator
04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
well if you want some entertainment content drop me a PM. I got a ton of RSS feeds for my sites.

Kyle
04-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I've recently left eNom due to poor support, random downtime, and inability for support to properly explain why transfers failed (after doing hundreds of them).

I'm back at Dotster, who lowered their price for me to basically match eNom.

I'm not sure if Dotster has whois protection.

Of course eNom is great, but I just got fed up with the random lags over the past 2 months.

Cutter
04-08-2006, 05:32 PM
Try moniker