PDA

View Full Version : Myspace Promotion

dalecom
04-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Anyone run myspace related sites or using myspace to promote their sites ?
If so, what have you found out - any tips to pass on ?

Some good matches are image hosting, online games, entertainment sites ( funny vids etc)

Sagewing
04-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm trying out a couple of myspace sites. While I'm making a few bucks on it, I find the whole myspace world to be tiresome and loaded with kids. Kind of a grind, and the whole thing will most likely change dramatically in the next year.

I have already made my $$ back on these sites, so I'll just ride it out - I don't think I'll get further involved. You can make a lot of money, though, if you move fast and are shameless :D

Emancipator
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
good post sagewing answered alot of my questions.

Cutter
04-06-2006, 04:26 PM
I have one site providing Myspace image codes which I started back in December. Here is the catch, you'll get tons of hits, but only a tiny, tiny fraction will actually clickthrough to your site. Right now that site is probably making $2 a day, and most of the traffic is just coming from the search engines anyway. I'm sure I'd make more money if I was like the other image code sites posting copyrighted images, but thats not my approach. Layout codes would probably be a better strategy if you want pure traffic. Most of you guys are coders and designers so that would be a perfect entry point.

If a big chunk of your website's audience uses Myspace then you can create a profile, and then communicate with that audience through messages, bulletins, and blogs. For this particular demographic, I think think that this is a better approach than e-mail or RSS.

I was really dissapointed that bulletin alerts no longer show up on user's home pages. About a month ago I posted one bulletin, got 100 clicks and 99% of them signed up to my e-mail list. Now that doesn't work because everyone has to click through to a seperate page to see the bulletin.

One word of caution, avoid domains with myspace in the name.

dalecom
04-07-2006, 01:41 AM
I launched a myspace code site about a week ago, spent around $1000 for a months advertising at various places. Yesterday made $80 with adsense and 5k uniques - If I could use ypn this would be a lot better. Whether the traffic holds once the advertising is up is another matter though.

Ben
04-07-2006, 01:44 AM
I have used MySpace to promote although I haven't launched my MySpace site yet, will be up soon ;)

James
04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
MSN Emoticon sites -> Myspace now?
The latest and greatest high-traffic, low-CPM sites?

Cutter
04-07-2006, 01:23 PM
dalecom, you said 5,000 uniques, what was the average # of pageviews per unique, and are you getting referalls through myspace yet?

James
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
...$16.00 CPM?
I may have to jump on this particular bandwagon if that's the case.

Cutter
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I misread he said 5,000 uniques and not pageviews. I'm only making a couple $ CPM on my image code site. $80 for 5,000 uniques works out to about 1.6 cents/unique which is pretty average.

dalecom
04-08-2006, 05:31 AM
Yeah 5k uniques - about 50k pageviews per day.
Refferals from myspace are starting up now, about 1000 from there so far.

Robb
04-08-2006, 06:44 AM
Im using myspace to promote to 18-25 year old men and women. The site I promote is an adult website, so as you can imagine, men on myspace are ready, willing and able to go to it :) I just keep my myspace page clean of nudity so myspace dont shut it down. I just opened it about a week ago, and already see results from it (and a lot of messages from lame men trying to pick up the woman I use for the pic lol)

- Robb

lovesorrow
08-18-2009, 02:19 AM
thanks so much for useful info

Website promotion (http://globolstaff.com)