PDA

View Full Version : Age Requirement

izwar
04-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Hello im thinking of making hte minimum age for my site 14 years old to join, but first unerstand the type of site.
It deals with nightlife/clubbing, but its a rating website where users rate eachothers looks and message eachother this part i want to make the age 14 so i can target all the younger kids, but then theres other parts of the website which require no membership such as club directories, event schedules, and club news, would anyone see any probelms there with the age perhaps ppl would sayy im promoting under age drinking or something which i obvsiouley dont mention drinkning at all and has nothing to do, ppl forget that there is a big under 18 party scene as well all ages parties etc, so i wanted to target that, so do you think this would cause any legal problems as mabie they say im promoting underage clubbing even though the memberhsip part is only for the rating part of the website.

KelliShaver
04-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I don't have any legal experience here to speak from, but I can't personally see where it would be a problem. What I would probably do, if it were me, would be to put a little disclaimer in the footer of the site expressing the dangers of underage drinking, drugs, etc. so that it's clear that you're not condoning such things.

izwar
04-05-2006, 08:39 PM
thank you for advice ill take into considertaion

Giles
04-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm 14 and I wouldn't go for it.

I do see the big niche you are going for though and it could be a real winner.

izwar
04-06-2006, 08:27 AM
thank you, hopefully ppl will like it, you wouldnt go for it cuz your not into clubbing? or is their something you dont like about the concept