PDA

View Full Version : Google update seems to be in progress

Erin
04-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm getting some new toolbar PR on brand new sites. I'm seeing them go from 0 to 4 or 5.

Giles
04-04-2006, 11:14 PM
It looks like it. My forum site has a PR 3 now. I wondered why there was a major raise in visitors.

This is good!

EDIT- and my blog has gone from PR2 to PR3

EDIT- Now my forum site has lost all PR.

Torito
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Seeing changes too .. and they look good!! :D

KLB
04-05-2006, 04:34 AM
I'm noticing some movement as well. While the two primary pages for my environmental chemistry site remain at a PR6, my secondary pages are moving from a PR5 to PR6. I've also noticed some tertiary pages moving rom PR4 to PR5.

The challenge for me has been to get my primary pages to move from a PR6 to PR7. I reached it once briefly a year or two ago for one of my primary pages, but wasn't able to hold on to it.

Nick_s
04-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Same here. A few pages on a site of mine have gone from 0 to 4. Unfortunately a new site that im buidling is no longer coming up when it type it's URL in google!

Chris
04-05-2006, 06:07 AM
Finally... that quasi-update a month or so ago didn't seem real. As far as I can tell this is the first real one since fall.

My laser hair removal site finally has a PR (6)

Masetek
04-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Tis about time!

I thought PR 3's for my new sites was a bit harsh. Now Ive got mostly 5's, my mains site even got loads of subpages with PR4-5's and (somehow) my forum got 5

KelliShaver
04-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Yay... my blog has PR4 on the new domain name.

Shame it didn't catch the site I put up last night. Oh well, I guess that's being a bit too optimistic. ;)

tommy_boy
04-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Google hates me... :(

michael_gersitz
04-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Me Too.

Still stuck on PR 4 across the networks.

Erin
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
I agree with Chris--these are the results that I thought I'd see last time. I guess the last one was more of an algo update (big daddy).

chromate
04-05-2006, 01:54 PM
I noticed some stuff going on a few days back. A new(ish) site of mine changed to PR0 (from PR6) over all the pages. Seriously thought it might have received a ban, though I couldn't figure out why. Luckily it's back up at PR6. Phew :)

fredarn
04-05-2006, 02:00 PM
This is BAD!
A week ago i was on the first page if you searched for Michelle Wie, Suzann Pettersen or Henrik Bjørnstad on google.no
Now i cant even see me on google, and msn gives me more traffic then google. (before, google gave me 95 % of the SE traffic)

What should i do? My visits, which have been growing since i opened my site in December, is now sinking :( WHAT SHOULD I DO?

moonshield
04-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I noticed some stuff going on a few days back. A new(ish) site of mine changed to PR0 (from PR6) over all the pages. Seriously thought it might have received a ban, though I couldn't figure out why. Luckily it's back up at PR6. Phew :)

Indeed. I had the same thing happen to me. Good thing it turned out for the best.

James
04-05-2006, 03:49 PM
What should i do? My visits, which have been growing since i opened my site in December, is now sinking WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Other than calm down, don't be so reliant on a single source of traffic, and optimize your site a bit more. You can't control Google, so just keep your guard up, or else you'll end up getting slammed when you drop.

I only had one change; one of my AWS sites went from pr3 to pr4.

Masetek
04-05-2006, 04:53 PM
It's wierd, one of my sites has PR 4-5 sub pages while the homepage sits at 0. Anyone else had this?

Chris
04-05-2006, 06:08 PM
yes, I had that with my laser hair removal site starting with the weird update we had a couple months ago, up until now. The homepage was a 0, the subpages were a 6. Now the homepage is a 6 as it should be.

Erin
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeah, that's happened to me before. In fact, it seemed like a neat little trick to "predict" your, um, "future pagerank." On one site, I added a new page, which I later noticed was at a 4, but the homepage was a 3. With the next update, the homepage went up to 4.

Masetek
04-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I just noticed it's happening to mst of my sites. The homepage of the site in my sig is still at 3 but the new blog I launched only a month ago on the same site has a 5. Wierd.

chromate
04-06-2006, 03:16 AM
What should i do? My visits, which have been growing since i opened my site in December, is now sinking :( WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Get used to it ;) Seriously, i've had sites dissapear completely and then re-appear weeks (sometimes months) later since I started doing this. Just give it time, and continue working on your site like nothing's happened.

Consider starting a new site too. As James rightly says, it's not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, as this kind of thing seems to happen all the time.

Your sites will tend to get more stable in the SERPs as time goes on anyway.

MarkB
04-06-2006, 04:53 AM
Very few changes, although my network site is now PR4 (which is a bit crap, seeing as ALL my sites link to it). I'll never understand this PR business!

tommy_boy
04-06-2006, 10:18 AM
It's wierd, one of my sites has PR 4-5 sub pages while the homepage sits at 0. Anyone else had this?

Same here. Internal 4's and main page a 3. Before it was internal 3 and main 2. I guess this means the site will be a 4 after the next update. :confused: