PDA

View Full Version : Text Link Ads

Emancipator
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Anyone use the company? I found them through this site, via the form of an ad, not an endorsement by chris or anyone else. I went through their site and found alot of CRAP gateway sites.. and I do mean alot.

I just bought a text link however on a Pr7 site with some relevant anchor text to see what it does. If anyone else has some experiences with this company let me know. I will post my feedback on the outcome when I am done in 30days.

michael_gersitz
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Are you planning on getting any traffic threw this link, and how much did it cost you?

I thought buying text links faded away in 2003.

Emancipator
04-03-2006, 05:46 PM
i bought the link to get spidered more then anthing but I have not found that relevant back links have faded out. Not when its on a relevant on-topic site. I paid $50 for the pr7 link.

michael_gersitz
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Not want I meant, but what the hey.

I hate how my site only gets spidered twice a week.

Let us know.

Shawn
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh man, that site is great.

I bought several links from major newspapers around the United States for dirt cheap. I also bought links on howstuffworks.com and answers.com (which is linked to from Google).

Definitely the type of sites I want links from.

Emancipator
04-03-2006, 07:35 PM
hey michael can you elaborate? Sorry if i mis-understood.

Shawn what was your strategy with text-link-ads and tell me what sort of results you had.

Shawn
04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Not with my site, but somebody I know:

Site had 1.9 million pages indexed within a couple of months. Rankings for several thousands small terms. Alexa ranking under 150k in two months.

The authority links obviously had that impact.

Emancipator
04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
cooll that is pretty much what i am trying to do. By the way shawn I believe I sent you a PM about yahoo a couple days ago.

5starAffiliates
04-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Text Link Ads is one of my clients too and I work directly with Patrick Gavin, the president. I don't work on the buy/sell links side but on their new affiliate program that pays 25 for referrals of link buyers or sellers. But if anyone ever has questions or needs help I can get Patrick over here. Super high integrity guy, I'm sure many of you know him.

They have something new coming in a week or so. :)

KLB
04-05-2006, 12:27 PM
It would be great having someone like Patrick tell us about their service.

Emancipator
04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I agree. I am more interested in member feedback though. Since they are the unbiased truth :). I just paid for some linkage and at the end of the 30 days will llet you know what i thought of it.

john190
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I guess this site is rather good as if you buy links the links are static links meaning that there is no redirect or anything similar to that. Your link is directly in their html source code which is good for search engines.

Emancipator
04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
its the reason i am even giving it a shot.

MarkB
04-14-2006, 12:59 AM
I sell a single-page link (front-page) for one of my sites - easy money, and they pay just a few days after the billing cycle ends, which is fantastic.

I've just purchased my first link through them for a site within the same niche - $20 for a sitewide link for 30 days, with my choice of anchor text. I'm mad for not doing it earlier.

I did refer someone to them (who used my referral link, and was accepted as a publisher), but never received a commission payment, which is pretty disappointing.

john190
04-14-2006, 02:28 AM
I didn't realise they do site-wide links. Are you sure about this as I have not seen it done yet and have even seen it mentioned in their site.

MarkB
04-14-2006, 03:48 AM
Well, it appears to be site-wide - "# of pages your ad will appear on - 3,000+" (paraphrased;)). $20/month = bargain.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 07:03 AM
most are NOT sitewide links. And most of the sites are complete trash sites. You really gotta look for a good site worth putting your text link ad on.

MarkB
04-14-2006, 08:17 AM
I didn't say most were.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
sorry Mark my comment wasnt directed at you, it was a general statement to the post before yours :) Sorry if it came off like i was all over you.

john190
04-14-2006, 09:00 AM
You will find that there is alot of trash sites in most networks that involve earning money.

Like you see them sites in Adsense that just have adsense ads on them and then also have something like searchfeed ads just so that it looks as if they have content. You also have this in Adbrite where there are a few good sites, but then there are also the sites that are trying to make a quick buck and just have adbrite ad links all over their sites.

most are NOT sitewide links. And most of the sites are complete trash sites. You really gotta look for a good site worth putting your text link ad on.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Absolutely john. I am just sharing my view as a user of the service. IF they screened the sites they accepted they would make less money at start, but would also stand out as an excellent place to buy quality text links with ease and would in turn attract people like users on this site.

To me its a turn off to see that any site is accepted and that you have to spend quite a bit of time to find good sites to buy a link on. With that said I did find 1 site, am using the service and will of course report back with results/feedback :)

john190
04-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Apparently they do not accept all sites as far as I know. I think these are only the sites that have 0 pr though as most people would probably only purchase of this site mainly to gain on their PR.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I registered, and was instantly actived. No verification.

john190
04-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Apparently they have some sort of software in place so that it can check if any site that gets registered is that actually displays the ads is right for their network.

This most probably means that they check if the site has some PR and a few other things.

Emancipator
04-14-2006, 02:31 PM
that may be true but that in MY opinion is a bull**** method of "qualification". My personal opinion is they are looking for sites and are just taking anyone, and perhaps at some point might start screening. I base this on having looked through who they have in their system.

But again all my opinion. :)

Emancipator
04-26-2006, 08:37 AM
To do followup i was COMPLETELY wrong on the auto-approval of sites. I just got an email telling me my site was approved. So although it seemed like I was approved, I was in fact not.

As for how its going I have not had any increase in traffic, but have another 40,000 pages in google. Hard to say though if that was related to my backlink purchase or the recent google update. I have decided to give it another 30 days to see how it continues. Cant really endorse it yet, but certainly cant say anything bad.

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Just to do further followup I have found TextLinkAds to be reasonable to deal with and the setup they have is very slick. I sold 2 text link ads, but I ended up cancelling today because for 2 text link ads I made less then 10 dollars and frankly its not enough to keep me interested.

I have renewed the text link I bought from them again for a 3rd month and after this month I will decide what to do, ie, keep paying $50 or move on to a different method. Overall positive experience.

MarkB
05-25-2006, 12:04 PM
I believe the amount they pay you is based on how many days are left in the month...?

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 12:06 PM
The rate I quoted was for 2 links for 30 days. I actually double checked cause I also thought it was pro-rated. It is not. so although they are a good company to deal with, my link is worth more to me then $4

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Mark totally off topic i dig your new blog buddy.

MarkB
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Man, if that really was a 30-day rate, then something was definitely screwy. And thanks :)

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah i was surprised myself which is why i asked before closing out my account. once they start paying more I am more then willing to rejoin the program but not for that money.

John
05-25-2006, 04:29 PM
wow. I used their generator tool on a site I just launched a few days ago that I havn't even started promoting yet (0 backlinks) and my lowest link was worth $4. Seems kinda strange.

Emancipator
05-25-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah its a bit odd. GR.ca gets spidered daily by google, has steady traffic and a ton of backlinks. not sure what the formula is but no worries... no loss for me or them really. :) Great service just not for me since it doesnt pay what I would consider enough.

John
05-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Maybe it is taking your .ca domain into consideration and thinking you get mostly Canadian traffic.

Emancipator
05-26-2006, 05:37 AM
good observation you might just be right :)

jeremycurtis
05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I've sold 8 links and make about $100/month from my site www.childrenwebmag.com. I inherited this a few months back and it has a good(ish) PR of 5 but low traffic so I only make about the same of Adsense which takes up a lot more real estate. I should only have to display the ads on one page but due to "technical difficulties" that I have not had time nor inclination to solve, they appear on all pages. But I have not been offerred the chance to sell links off other pages yet.

I've no issues with being paid though and found them very simple/reliable to deal with.

On the flip side, currently new buyers can get $100 of free links. I have not taken up the offer yet but will do shortly.

5starAffiliates
06-12-2006, 04:43 PM
I just blogged about ShoeMoney's new radio show and showed a copy of his $132K+ Adsense check. :eek:

ShoeMoney's 1st "Net Income" radio show aired last week on Webmaster Radio, and featured Patrick Gavin of TextLinkAds who discussed monetizing your website using text link ads. Thought the guys reading this thread may be interested.

You can listen to the archive here.
http://www.webmasterradio.fm/episodes/index.php?showId=43