PDA

View Full Version : How to promote RSS

jeremycurtis
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM
My question is short "What is the best way to promote your site through RSS?".

I have mentioned my site before (in signature). It produced 10-15 unique artcles each month. All are available thru RSS and I've hooked it into feedburner and submitted it to numerous RSS directories.The content is good and I would have thought someone would pick up on it but not one.

I've informed a number of webmasters too and none yet have taken me up either.

I know its a numbers gain to some extent, but is there some tricks I should know about for getting RSS feeds picked up.

There seems to be a lot of talk about articles recently and not duplicating content on other websites. RSS would be a good answer, but its not mentioned. I'd be interested in knowing why?

Thanks in advance

michael_gersitz
04-03-2006, 12:06 PM
get it on google news.

michael_gersitz
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2006-06,GGLG:en&q=infoaboutnetwork&sa=N&tab=wn

Example ^^^

jeremycurtis
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Seems like a good idea. But I see that as my goal. The question for me still stands. How do I get it on Google News?

Emancipator
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
submit it. Its how i got on google news. But google news isnt going to send you a ton of traffic.

john190
04-17-2006, 06:49 AM
I thought that Google news will take RSS feeds from only news resources and not article type RSS feeds.

I have a few RSS feeds that contain reprint articles. Could I get these on Google news by submitting the RSS feeds to it?