PDA

View Full Version : Cross Browser Compatibility

cameron
04-03-2006, 08:15 AM
How do you deal with designing your sites to work properly in multiple browsers?

I'm working on a new design right now that looks fine in IE and Firefox on PC, but I've found that it's not quite right with IE for Mac. I checked it using this site: http://www.danvine.com/icapture/

It's only about 1% of my visitors who will see things that way, but in terms of actual numbers that is still thousands of people every month who view a poorly designed site.

KLB
04-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Ignore IE Mac, this browser has been totally unsupported by MSFT for a very long time and MSFT has pretty much declared it dead. Trying to support this browser will only hamper forward movement on your design tactics. Users of this browser can switch to other non-IE alternatives. This browser should go on the scrap heap of Internet history along with NN4 and IE4.

bbolte
04-04-2006, 01:01 PM
yep, i can't say that i even really worry about ie for mac, it's so old. i agree with klb on the issue.

cameron
04-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Oddly enough when I checked my site on my friend's Mac yesterday things look alright on IE Mac, and not on Safari...

Anyway, I meant to bring up this topic as more of a general thing, not specifically related to Mac computers. . How does everyone test their sites in other browsers?

James
04-04-2006, 03:41 PM
browsercam.com usually does the trick; it's pretty buggy at times, though.

HAWK
04-06-2006, 01:05 PM
I use browsercam.com and anybrowser.com. Along with icapture, those pretty much cover it all.

Emancipator
04-06-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks guys I had no idea about those sites I can use that to try and make my sites work in more then just IE :P