PDA

View Full Version : wordpress question

vatsia
03-31-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi,
i would like to display on my index page the 3-4 latest post cut after 2-3 paragraphs (same as the blog here).

I can't find a way to solve this, i get all the topics displayed in fulltext on the index page. Can help me somebody out?

Johnny Gulag
03-31-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello

You mean you want to only show the first couple of paragraphs of each article on the front page as oppossed to the entire post?

If so, keep reading. If not, ask again I will try to understand better.

You can control the number of posts that appear on the front page from within your WP control panel. Goto Options>reading tab and there you can set the number of posts that appear on each page.

Then if you want to only display part of the article on the front page with a link to the rest of the article. There is a button above the text editor that says "more" place the cursor where you want to cut the post off and click that button. Or just paste the following where you want it:
<!--more-->Hope this helps and is what you wanted to know in the first place. if not like I say ask again and I will try again. :)

cyanide
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Hey Johnny, thanks for that More tip.
I had been wondering that also, having set up a wordpreess blog recently

thanks

Johnny Gulag
04-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Hello

Glad to be of help, if you have more questions, I will try my best to answer them. :)

Hey Johnny, thanks for that More tip.
I had been wondering that also, having set up a wordpreess blog recently

thanks

vatsia
04-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks,
exactly what i wanted :)