PDA

View Full Version : How should I do it?

Giles
03-30-2006, 02:10 AM
Should I build sites for people or make my own and cash in on their ads?

Selling sites brings in large amounst of cash but building them for ads is more stable.

What do YOU think?

Chris
03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
You tend to make more money in the long run by building for yourself.

Giles
03-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I guesss I'll keep at it then. I'm building a site for a guy and he's giving me 100 bucks plus paying for domain and hosting so I can use that money to invest in making sites for myself.

Cutter
03-30-2006, 02:06 PM
For you, your best approach is to do both. If you build sites for other people it will give you the capital to invest. When I started, I was designing sites, logos, and different stuff to pay my business expenses. In the short term, its like bam $100 for a few hours of work. If you build your own sites, eventually you will reach the point were you make $100 a day whether or not you do a single thing.

Where this really pays off is when you start making several hundred to a thousand plus a day. At that point, even if you were the best designer in the world you'd be working your *** off just to sustain that income, rather than work on growing it even more.

Emancipator
03-30-2006, 09:13 PM
i think its safe to say when he starts making a few thousand a day you will never hear from him again... hell you wouldnt hear from me again. Anyone notice how quiet westech has gotten? :P

James
03-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Well, I think the secret to Westech's success is that he's got a damn good cowboy name. So basically, change your name to a cowboy-esque name, and throw up a site that'll require very little to run other than purchasing new content which gets return visitors forever and will generate tons of links.

Giles
03-31-2006, 01:15 AM
How about Giles-The-Kid or Giles the Gun

I would promise that i'll come back here once im mega rich, but I probably won't :p

KelliShaver
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
I rather prefer Yee-Haw-Giles, personally...

Emancipator
04-06-2006, 06:12 PM
giles do you promise to let us all come live in your mansion and borrow your ferrari? :)

AndyH
04-06-2006, 08:03 PM
i think its safe to say when he starts making a few thousand a day you will never hear from him again... hell you wouldnt hear from me again. Anyone notice how quiet westech has gotten? :P
He is on a holiday :banana:.

Giles
04-06-2006, 11:02 PM
Nah, I haven't quite struck it rich. When I do I'll fly you all over from wherever you are and we can have a party and discuss our methods. See you in a few months!

But seriously have a few sites that I'm building on free servers at the moment, if I think they are worth releasing the i'll buy a domain.