PDA

View Full Version : Inability to sleep?

Fender963
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Does anyone else have an unbelievably hard time falling asleep at night simply because you have so many ideas running through your head you simply can't? It's actually quite annoying especially since chances are I wont' remember what I came up.

MarkB
03-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah - I find listening to music in bed helps neutralise my thoughts a bit, or work as long as I can until I'm just mentally exhausted (which isn't difficult these last few months!).

r2d2
03-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Sometimes yes - maybe try reading a book to divert your mind?

Cutter
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I have the problem that when I go to bed, I don't really want to be laying there and when I wake up I really don't want to get out of bed. The good solution for this is to be really tired when you go to bed, and don't go from working straight to bed; do something in between.

Johnny Gulag
03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Yes I watch TV after working to relax my thoughts and then I also listen to TV while I fall asleep. If I think about stuff i will never fall asleep. :)

Mullen
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
I'll just watch TV until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. There are nights where I lay there and keep myself awake because I have too much on my mind, but I find a little TV solves that problem.

James
03-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm too tired at 5:00 in the morning to think.

Shawn
03-28-2006, 06:31 PM
V for Vendetta was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My wife agrees.

CreationNation
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Does anyone else have an unbelievably hard time falling asleep at night simply because you have so many ideas running through your head you simply can't? It's actually quite annoying especially since chances are I wont' remember what I came up.

Ab-so-lutely! I actually get headaches sometimes there's so many ideas running around up there. Many times I've actually had an idea right as I go to bed and have to run downstairs and jot it down so I don't forget.

Now...just to find a way to get all these ideas COMPLETED. :mad:

James
03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
V for Vendetta was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My wife agrees.
I thought it was a bit long and roughly written at parts, and at times the writing of the Matrix guys and Hugo Weaving sort of made it sound a little too Matrix-esqe, but when it was in the good parts (quite a bit of it) it was really good and pulled the movie right up.
And hell, who doesn't love that Guy Fawkes mask?

Guys: something that really works for me, is having a pencil and paper on the floor beside my bed (I don't have a bedside table or anything; my room is very unfurnished--just a bed, alarm clock on the floor, and this notepad/paper). I can just jump out of bed, flip on the light, and jot it down before it vacates my mind.

demosfen
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Whatever you do, don't take pills

James
03-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I know a few people that can't sleep without them because they've taken sleeping pills in the past.

Cutter
03-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Almost 4am here, bed time is coming soon :) Lately I haven't had the problem of too many ideas, but instead I get anxious while waiting for things to happen.

I liked V for Vendetta. I did find it disturbing that there was some journalists claimed to be offended because it supports terrorism. I've never heard anyone call the assasination attempts on Hitler terrorism, or say that the good guys in Logan's Run were terrorists for causing the destruction of the underground place they were living in. Suddenly it makes you think that may be 1984 or Fahrenheit 451 wasn't so unbelievable after all.

Todd W
03-29-2006, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I know a few people that can't sleep without them because they've taken sleeping pills in the past.

I took benedryl for a year or so, started with 1 or 2 and was up to 4 or 5 when I decided to stop. They are non-habit forming but you get the feeling in your head you wont be able to sleep without them but not like "MUST HAVE". I take them when camping still or other loudplaces. I`m a LIGHT sleeper and used them to sleep-in longer moreso than to fall asleep really.

I stopped taking them one day, and took it on/off a while... no withdrawls, nothign strange... just decided NOT to take them.

I would suggest them since I stopped so easily and they aren't "BAD" like other type of sleeping meds.

But yeah, I normaly work until I`m falling asleep then I go pass out. This helps me sleep in, and goto sleep faster! But lately I`ve had a lot on my mind so 15min then sleep :-/

Shawn
03-29-2006, 04:43 AM
You could always get a wife. That solves your inability to sleep problem.

chromate
03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh come on, she can't be that boring? ;)

I had trouble getting to sleep last night actually. Happens occasionally. I end up thinking about what I've got to do the next day and start feeling like I'm not working enough and missing great opportunities that could well be gone in a year or so. Gives me a panicky feeling, like I'd rather be up working on my sites instead of doing nothing wasting time in bed. The stupid thing is, I feel far less compelled to work in the day time.

Actually I just got back from seeing V for Vendetta. Great film. I think that the writing was a little pretentious in places, like they were trying too hard (just as in the Matrix actually). But overall a cool film. The scenes near the end were quite a sight.

Ben
03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
At the moment I am having extreme trouble going to sleep. It is getting annoying, so I usually just get this high powered fan and just have the air going over me. But I am just horrible with ideas, I have them in my head for ages thinking about what to do with them then I can't implement them :(

r2d2
03-29-2006, 11:25 PM
But I am just horrible with ideas, I have them in my head for ages thinking about what to do with them then I can't implement them :(

How do you mean, you can't implement them?

Ben
03-29-2006, 11:37 PM
How do you mean, you can't implement them?
I can't get them rolling. I have the idea for maybe 2 weeks. Then spend about a week designing and coding then launch it. No real results in months, working my butt off. I am just trying to find my way out in the large world that is websitepublishing. Very intimidating with members such as Jon earning millions

James
03-30-2006, 01:41 AM
I would think of it to be enouraging to see that you actually have potential to make that kind of money online.

Cutter
03-30-2006, 02:18 PM
How hard are you promoting the sites? Do you identify your potential traffic streams and go after them? Sometimes SEs just can't deliver everything and you have to go to other sources.

Ben
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
How hard are you promoting the sites? Do you identify your potential traffic streams and go after them? Sometimes SEs just can't deliver everything and you have to go to other sources.
Well I think the ideas I have had up to now have been niche's that I can't see myself managing in the long run :( So I have sat down and wrote down a whole lot of ideas and am purchasing domain names as we speak :D Hopefully it will pay off

chromate
03-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Make sure you've done your keyword research before you start purchasing loads of domains ;)