PDA

View Full Version : Creating a seo faq

darker
03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
For the last year or so (actually, the last 5 years) I've grown kinda impatient by reading the same questions over and over again on every seo forum. Questions that have been answered a zillion times, or that has no answer.
This has lead me to wanting to create a seo faq / support site. But, you'll probably say, what about the forums? Well, the forums are great, but for a lot of searches there are 3-400 results, and only one of them that gives you the answer you really are looking for. But, forums are great for discussing subjects, so this is by no mean something you should use instead of a forum, it's more a supplement (especially for newbies).

The hard thing here is finding suited software to run it (might make my own, but really don't have the time).

Wiki - Well, in my opinion wiki is great, but it's meant for news archives, which mean it would be hard to show news like "google updating" etc.

Cms software - This site probably wont be updated ten times a day, so a cms news site is probably a bit of an overkill

Support system (ala kayako etc) - Great, but lacks seo support (at least kayako), and not really meant for breaking news..

so, a software combining wiki+cms software+kayako..

Anyone know of any software like this + does this sound like a somewhat good idea to make seo newbies not starting all those basic threads?

bbolte
03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
a wiki would work - wikipedia.org isn't a news site.

darker
03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I'll take a closer look

The New Guy
03-28-2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361403

r2d2
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
How about WordPress? You could use static pages for all the time-invariant stuff like using keywords, getting links etc. And use the blog part for SEO news.

darker
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=361403

I know, it's a good faq, but there are so many other subjects that is important.

darker
03-29-2006, 02:36 PM
ok, got a site running, but'll take some time to make it act as I want :) pm me if you want to contribute in any way.