PDA

View Full Version : Does the hosting matter?

Johan H
03-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I have 2 friends saying 2 different things. I need to figure out this before i start spending my time with the next big project i have.

One of my friends tell me this, "If you have a network of websites you shouldnt host them on the same C-net, cause if you do and link your websites to each other, google will give a little penalty to thoose links"

My other friends, says thats BS!

With C-net i mean the IP zone, better to have 1 website at hostrocket, another website at rackshack, another at site5 then having all on the same host.

Second, both says different about this.

One friend says "If you have a swedish website, dont host it outside sweden, google will penalty that, you need to host it in sweden if its for swedes..."

and ofcourse the other one says....

Enlight me!

:flare:

bbolte
03-28-2006, 07:11 AM
IMO, if the cross linking is relavent, then google won't penalize it. it it's an attempt to spam, then it won't matter where the sites are hosted.

dc dalton
03-28-2006, 09:55 AM
One friend says "If you have a swedish website, dont host it outside sweden, google will penalty that, you need to host it in sweden if its for swedes..."

sorry but that sound like a load of bs to me!

As far as different IPs ... let say you want an article on site a that then references to the same article (via a link) to site b ...... then its absolutely required to have the two on separate ips. Besides that it does help some but as mentioned before unless its a deliberate spamming attempt you really dont need to. Think about it ......... if this were true every person in the world who had their own dedicated box and lots of sites would be punished!

r2d2
03-28-2006, 11:07 AM
sorry but that sound like a load of bs to me!

I get the same smell here. My House buying site is hosted in US and is #5 for 'house buying guide' on Google UK search.

Johan H
03-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks all! I just needed some confirmation. There are to much BS when it comes to SEO! So its better to ask and find out, rather then thinking about it nonstop :)