PDA

View Full Version : Strange Adsense behaviour - any ideas?

dc dalton
03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm throwing up some article sites and have put three ads per page, the max allowed. The one top banner ad is always there and works fine but the 2 ads I have in the articles only show up once when you first hit the page, subsequent page loads show nothing but a blank space where the ad should be.

I've checked the css and code and it's fine, even had a few people over at the SP CSS section check just to be sure and they agree the code looks fine.

So why the heck dont these ads always show up? Has anyone seen this before or know of a problem with multiple adsense ads in the same page?

One of the sites in question is www.affiliatearticles.net .... the ad at the top right of the content is one problem, click on any of the links in the right side bar and then scroll down about 1/2 way and you will see two hr s ... there should be another ad there! (right above the bolded "More Affilate Marketing Information")

Any and ALL help would be appreciated ... I have quite a few of these sites templated the same way and I REALLY have to figure this out!

Thanks all!

Chris
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
they're defaults. Google can't fill them and so they show blanks. This does happen more with new sites.

dc dalton
03-25-2006, 08:42 AM
thanks Chris, do they start filling in with ads after a while?

KLB
03-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Depending on the subject matter of the webpage, yes they should start filling with ads. Sometimes Google just can't find ads for a given page.

Chris
03-25-2006, 10:57 AM
The reason it happens more with new sites is that Google hasn't yet fully analyzed the site's content. I theorize that they also use some offpage factors to analyze content and new sites will have a pretty blank slate in regards to those as well.

KLB
03-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I suspect that Google is also looking at how different types of ads perform for a site in general. Once a site builds up a track record I suspect Google is able to target ads to a certain degree even if there isn't enough on page information to go by.

dc dalton
03-25-2006, 03:00 PM
well at least I know its not something stupid I did.... we will just have to sit back and see what happens.

thanks guys!

Giles
03-27-2006, 02:16 AM
I find that google starts filling in all ads placed pretty quickly. Ive had absolutely new, seconds old, sites displaying targeted ads in three or four adsnese ads (one image as well).

If you're ok with image ads make them availabe as well as that will give you more chance of an ad being displayed.