PDA

View Full Version : not quick enough

deronsizemore
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I have a bunch of domains in a excel file that I eventually plan on purchasing...went today to check out my list and make a few purchases and the ones I was going to buy were already bought. I guess that's what I get for waiting!

KLB
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM
When I get a "bright" idea for a domain name or group of domain names and I find that they are available, I purchase them immediatly and then worry about what I'm going to do with them lately. I'm probably sitting on sixty or seventy domain names for this exact reason.

ses5909
03-23-2006, 01:58 PM
When I get a "bright" idea for a domain name or group of domain names and I find that they are available, I purchase them immediatly and then worry about what I'm going to do with them lately. I'm probably sitting on sixty or seventy domain names for this exact reason.
As am I ken. I think I pay over $400/year on domain names... sigh

deronsizemore
03-23-2006, 02:24 PM
As am I ken. I think I pay over $400/year on domain names... sigh

geez! That's what I am trying to avoid. I own 17 domains currently, but probably have a list of 50 or so that I'd like to buy...but I don't want to buy and pay registrations fees every year with no site to show for it. I guess your damned if you do and damned if you don't in this situation.

moonshield
03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
Yea I keep adding to my domain stock with some great ideas, I now have some 300 domains, it costs a small fortune renewing them all :D

I am planning on developing most of them witihn the next few months so it's all good.

James
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I recently missed out on a name which had all available extensions taken afterwards.

I really can't wait a month so I can get a new bank account then hook it up to PayPal...

deronsizemore
03-23-2006, 08:12 PM
I guess you live and learn...if you come across what you think to be a decent domain...BUY IT! lol

Chris
03-23-2006, 08:20 PM
There was a thread in general chat about this some months ago... but it was a little different. Having a domain taken an hour after you first searched for it and saw it was available.

dc dalton
03-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Man if I find one I like I BUY IT!

When I found ie7sucks.com last month I couldnt get the credit card out fast enough! NEVER procrastinate cause someone else will grab it!

ses5909
03-24-2006, 05:50 AM

When I found ie7sucks.com last month I couldnt get the credit card out fast enough! NEVER procrastinate cause someone else will grab it!
Definitely. Also, If after a year I still don't see myself developing the site in the near future, I'll let the domain expire. But there are always new ones to rplace the old ones :)

Mike Empuria
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM

But surely you have to do something with the name straight away? Otherwise you are just paying for nothing.

moonshield
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
nah, a great domain is a great investment for future use or future sale.