PDA

View Full Version : dmoz notification

Westech
11-17-2003, 05:13 PM
When dmoz chooses to include (or exclude) a submitted site, do they always notify the email address you submitted with the site, or is that just for if they have questions?

Best.Flash
11-17-2003, 06:06 PM
For any sites I've had added or rejected I haven't received an email from them.

If your able to monitor your sites referrer log you'll soon notice any activity from one of the DMOZ editors.

Chris
11-17-2003, 06:07 PM
I've gotten a couple notifications in hundreds of submissions.

Kyle
11-17-2003, 08:12 PM
I've never gotten a notifaction, and have done 20-30 submissions.

chromate
11-18-2003, 05:18 AM
Well, it's certainly not automatic. ;) Best thing to do is mail the editor of the cat you submitted to and see what's happening. If you like, I could check the status of your site for you. Just post the details.

Westech
11-18-2003, 07:32 AM
That would be great, chromate!

The site is www.nsuforum.com. I submitted it under
Top: Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: North America: United States: Oklahoma: Northeastern State University

chromate
11-18-2003, 07:43 AM
It was deleted, the reason being "no content" ....

ishtar 16/Nov/2003
01:05:30 EST no content [Deleted from unreviewed in Reference/Education/Colleges_and_Universities/North_America/United_States/Oklahoma/Northeastern_State_University]

Westech
11-18-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the help, chromate. Is it hard to get forums listed? If I submit again after I get more posts do you think I have a good chance of being listed?

chromate
11-18-2003, 08:35 AM
I don't really get any forums in the Cat I edit, so I don't have to deal with it really. There shouldn't be any problems if it's an active forum though.

DMOZ hate any sign of a site that isn't yet complete. They wont help you grow to start with. You must have your site developed and running pretty well to begin with, before submitting.

If the editor can see you're providing a valuable resource, that no one else is providing in the same category and it's not anywhere close to being commercial then you stand a good chance of getting it listed. Providing your editor is active, which seems to be the case in your target category.

michael_gersitz
11-18-2003, 04:10 PM
DMOZ takes alot of time and work to get into... But if the site is quality, then there should be no problem getting in....

Westech
12-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Well, my forum has grown since it was rejected. I resubmitted a while back and have seen nothing yet. If they don't take it this time I'll just assume that my cat's editor hates forums and forget about dmoz until I add some non-forum content.

If anyone wants to check on the status again for me that would be great....
*chough* chromate *cough*

Mike
12-17-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by michael_gersitz
DMOZ takes alot of time and work to get into... But if the site is quality, then there should be no problem getting in....

It depends on the category editor really IMHO.

Yoda
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by icebane
I've never gotten a notifaction, and have done 20-30 submissions.
Same here. Several dozen submissions, no email notifications.

chromate
01-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Westech, there're no more entries than before. Probably hasn't been reviewed yet.

Westech
03-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks. :(

rocky1
03-05-2004, 09:26 PM
I've received 1 notification in 30 or more submissions. I think you'll find it depends upon the disposition of who's reviewing and approving the site for listing. If they're new at it, your odds are better.